Hire me for PR!

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Hire me for PR!

Post by Jonathan88 »

I bought the game back in mid 2014 for about £12. Last year I encouraged my friend to buy it for £15.
Then this week my other 2 friends bought it. One liked it so much his brother bought it too and now another 3 sales have happened! In total, that is £72 gone to the devs, all from that initial £12 - I think the Factorio bug is very infectious! We are starting a 5 player server tomorrow. :D

So if you want to increase sales by 400%, hire me!

On a serious note though, the devs deserve every penny/cent of it, and if you know anyone who hasn't got it and might like it, don't make them buy it but suggest the demo - if they like it they will get it within the day (I did)! And all £72 of this was achieved without any pirated copies. The demo was perfect for letting them check if it was the right kind of game and we are all at school and so don't have infinite money.
I don't want to initiate a pirate argument but it shows that sales can be got purely using the demo!

Thanks a million (or £72 ;) ) for making this amazing game!
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

quinor
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Hire me for PR!

Post by quinor »

I have bought Factorio, then five of my friends did that too. One is refusing to saying that he'll surely get addicted too much (he thinks that's too great game to play!). In process of convincing next 3-4 ones.

I think the game is just great and that's why.

Jonathan88
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Hire me for PR!

Post by Jonathan88 »

quinor wrote:I think the game is just great and that's why.
Now that is a good marketing strategy. Not microtransactions. Not DRM. Not thousands of pound advertising hype (ahem Sony). Make a good game - it works! :lol:
FactoriOh No: when it's accidentally 2am, again

Return to “General discussion”