Working with pipes - valves, Tees, etc.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
NukeUFO
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Working with pipes - valves, Tees, etc.

Post by NukeUFO »

Right now, there aren't any T or Y connectors for pipes in the game? Are there any valves?

I am a long way from maxing out the research chain, but I am figuring out the oil & chemical refinery systems. I want to make a factory system to create batteries, plastic, etc. without having to pickaxe everything apart all the time. Any suggestions?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Working with pipes - valves, Tees, etc.

Post by Koub »

Your pipes automatically make 'T' like junctions placed appropriately

Concerning your question ... it's a rather vast and the answer lies in many places : youtube tutorials, posts in this forum, ... a little use of a search engine will give you more answers than you'll be able to process ^^
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Dofolo
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Dofolo »

NukeUFO wrote:Right now, there aren't any T or Y connectors for pipes in the game? Are there any valves?

I am a long way from maxing out the research chain, but I am figuring out the oil & chemical refinery systems. I want to make a factory system to create batteries, plastic, etc. without having to pickaxe everything apart all the time. Any suggestions?
Create a supply chain :

Belt coal and ores to furnaces, belt plates to automated assembly machines. Same for oil, but then with pipes to refineries.

Use inserters to pull stuff out and put stuff in the machines

Looks like you also need to remember: in factorio: one factory produces one thing. (exception is the refinery).

therapist
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by therapist »

NukeUFO wrote:Right now, there aren't any T or Y connectors for pipes in the game? Are there any valves?

The small electric pumps act as one way valves, no amount of pressure can force fluid past an electric pump, just don't let the power go out.

edit: apparently, without power the pump closes and does not allow liquid to move in either direction.

NukeUFO
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by NukeUFO »

Thanks, cool. The small electric pumps do the trick, that and figuring out you can just run 2 pipes into each other and they form a union. Duh.

I have a factory pumping science packs 1&2 4 at a time non-stop, now I get to learn fluids.

Return to “General discussion”