So is there anyway

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Malaras
Inserter
Inserter

So is there anyway

Post by Malaras »

To limit how much of and item to gets put on the belt, Right now i redid green research bottle but have to many other items going on the belt i e iron gear and transport belt. In pic i have them shut down by limiting it to high so it stops was out of control. Not sure how to go about limiting it. I'm just trying stuff out might not be perfect or whatever, just seeing how it works and ran into a problem that i need help with.
Factorio greenbottle layout2.jpg
Factorio greenbottle layout2.jpg (218.25 KiB) Viewed 1516 times

DarkenDragon
Inserter
Inserter

Re: So is there anyway

Post by DarkenDragon »

there is no way to limit what goes on the belt, but with your design, its too cluttered

word of advice, never have more than 2 items on a belt at any given time. unless you absolutely know what your doing and know exactly what your input and output ratio is.

the reason I say this is because as soon as your belts get backed up (eventually they will, if not then your doing things very inefficiently then) any item that isnt picked up just gets sent to the back and thus ends up jamming up your lane.

so if your new, start off by keeping your lanes separate.

when using inserters always remember that they will place items to the farther side of where they are. so you can use 1 belt to hold 2 items, just make sure your inserting opposite sides. I do this for factories that require 2 items such as transport belts.

but again, cant stress it enough, keep it clean.

Malaras
Inserter
Inserter

Re: So is there anyway

Post by Malaras »

bottom left is what i was doing before, was just experimenting with more advanced stuff. boggling my mind, lol. but fun.

Return to “General discussion”