Incentive to create and improvise/improve design.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Dodging_Rain
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Incentive to create and improvise/improve design.

Post by Dodging_Rain »

Not sure if it is the way some people play but some have a tendency to recycle and reuse a design that they have that currently works, even if they start over. Usually difficulty or situation forces one to change the style or design.

Another two that I can think of is that they like to build/create new things while the second is to make a more efficient design that is superior to their previous iteration.

Are there any other factors that will cause one to change their factory layout?

Nubm2
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Incentive to create and improvise/improve design.

Post by Nubm2 »

I didn't have played that many games tough, but my factory always looks different. What im recycling is certain concepts that i improve over time. For example, as soon as i have electric furnaces and trains i outsource my metal production somewhere. My first one was just randomly out there, connected to my chip factory around the corner. The second time i placed an copper melter and an iron melter opposite on each side of a railway. Soon i noticed that its almost impossible to add on output train stations. My next design will be an extra lane for input and output, forking off the main tracks so i can keep up with higher demands no matter what (leaving room to the sides too to build more furnaces or even a 2nd melter complex if needed).
I also reuse the concept of a chip factory (green and red), but even if the main production looks the same, the in- and outputs were always on different places, sometimes it bends or returns or splits, depending on demand, room and mood. :p

Its kinda fun to put some structure into your growing base if you know whats coming and try to create different types of 'districts'. Sometimes i create steel were it is needed, sometimes i create a steel mill to feed my whole base. 2 different decisions that greatly influence the looks and concept of the factory.

Some things just stay the same old and i create blueprints for constant use, like train stations (load, unload), defensive walls (1 part between 2 big electric poles with double wall and laser turrets), production modules for furnaces or stuff like chip production, solar panel and accumulator plants around substations etc etc.
But thouse are minor details of the greater picture.

Keeper
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Keeper »

Ia have recently started a mega base style play thinking I have it all worked out but most of my designs have changed because when I started using stations to drop off recourses I was makin loads of "busses" so ended up Avalon up to match intput (increased)

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Daid »

I recently started on a map with a maximum height of 64. This forces me out of my usual pattern of a wide main bus with long arms for production of certain parts. You do need a whole bunch of restarts for a decent starting position.

aober93
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aober93 »

I restore all of my blueprints into a next game. I improve them, but i base alot off of older setups.

And it makes the game easier, i already got some setups going for the quick drafts. And sometimes i got a setup i worked on a lot that it would be a waste to reinvent it a second time.

But you need mods for the blueprint sharing.

Return to “General discussion”