So i have an issue with the alien things

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: So i have an issue with the alien things

Post by Koub »

There is also something I have learnt while playing : if you try to play green style (produce minimally, try to research solar panel and replace all your steam boilers as soon as possible with 0 emission clean electricity, ...) you'll end up losing the race against time : because even with 0 pollution, the enemy gets naturally stronger as time passes.

As long as your defense is stronger than the biters your pollution attracts, then go on, pollute as much as you want to progress quickly in your researches.
You'll end up with the same biter bases waiting for you, but you'll have power armor 2 loaded with apocalyptic stuff, piercing ammo loaded combat shotgun, biterland will become hamburger (biterburger ?) paradise.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

torham
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by torham »

As already suggested, but not by many ... Flamethrowers.
I personally find them really useful early on. They are very cheap to make (basic oil processing), and have excellent damage against biter spawners. Lay down a defensive wall of turrets as your safe area, and kill them bugs with fire! Works great unless they have worms around, than you will probably need few poison capsules.

Malaras
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Malaras »

Pic The iron field NW is one i'm after.
Factorio layout-research2.jpg
Factorio layout-research2.jpg (204.3 KiB) Viewed 2049 times

muzzy
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by muzzy »

If you still have enough resources to make 50 rounds of armor piecing bullets, that and a submachine gun will be enough to wipe that enemy base (it's just one spawner?) real easy.

Don't try using the normal ammo, use armor piecing only.

Well, shotgun works wonders too once you manage to get the biters killed. Just take your pistol away from the weapon switcher so it's easier to switch between machinegun (for biters) and shotgun (for spawner)

Return to “General discussion”