End game content

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Toonarmy
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

End game content

Post by Toonarmy »

Hey so saw giantwaffle streaming this the other night looked really good decided to buy it and am having a lot of fun with it saw in the news that in an upcoming patch you plan on adding end game content and I was just wandering what kind of things do you have planned for end game content? I am having a lot of fun with it but I can imagine that on a free play session once u have established working production lines and a steady flow of resources there wouldn't be much to do so would love to know what kind of ideas you have for end game content and things like that :D

GewaltSam
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: End game content

Post by GewaltSam »

So, have you played into current "endgame" (i.e. have a big working factory that is able to produce tons of the most needed products)? Try to accomplish that first, it'll take you a while ;) And it shouldn't be too hard to add more different goals that require new production lines, or simply more mass production. Until you got that i guess you have a LOT to do. There are many different production lines even now, and some of them are pretty complex.

There is not much information on what they really plan for endgame, and it could be possible that they themselves don't know in detail what they want to do. My theory is that they will build on the colony ship idea, so you may need to provide more different buildings and infrastructure for the incoming ships. But that's just a theory. More endgame content is planned for 0.11, which should be out in approximately 2-3 months.

MtNak
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by MtNak »

As it is you can very easily have 100+ hours of fun :)

As far as i know, they won't be adding end game content this patch, but will in future ones :)
Some ideas that they have are here:
http://www.factorio.com/content
In the Work in progress and posible future content.
But they also talked about a lot more ideas, but the ones in that page are preeeetty big. I really like the RTS ones with tanks, planes etc.

Gerugon
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Gerugon »

Or you could try out one of the mods, dytech adds alot of interesting and challenging new stuff for example.

slpwnd
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by slpwnd »

GewaltSam wrote:There is not much information on what they really plan for endgame, and it could be possible that they themselves don't know in detail what they want to do.
This is right. At the moment we are talking about ideas a lot. So basically it is in the planning stage.

Corvis_Antares
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Corvis_Antares »

I think it would be interesting to do a Co-op mode where each player could only research and build certain branches of the tech tree, requiring them to have to work together in order to progress through the game. I would imagine that there were certain basic structures that both could build and place, but advanced structures can only be built and placed by the player that was able to research the technology. This would require as significant amount coordination on top of all the other logistic considerations for the game.

Corvis_Antares

The Phoenixian
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Phoenixian »

I can see endgame going any one of three ways:

The first, and most natural evolution, is that of the settler colony, when you bring in more and more people and slowly expand your operations to meet the growing needs of the populace and the growing ire of the increasingly displaced natives.

The second I can see is the resoruce colony, where you eventually reach the point of producing goods that be sold back to human civilization, likely in return for resources to make new and better machines. Say you start off shipping some finished product or other (Like solar panels if we go with that scenario pack), aquiring a metal not availalbe on the planet in return, like platinum, and using it to make catalytic converters and then selling them for better meterials and so on.

The third endgame I can see would be breeding and otherwise uplifting the biters until they are able to join human civilization. We know they change very rapidly in response to pollution so setting out to deliberately steer their evolution to the point where we can communicate with them seems like if could be possible. (Though this is least likely for a lot of reasons)
The greatest gulf that we must leap is the gulf between each other's assumptions and conceptions. To argue fairly, we must reach consensus on the meanings and values of basic principles. -Thereisnosaurus

Return to “General discussion”