The future of factorio

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
kingdark
Inserter
Inserter

The future of factorio

Post by kingdark »

I've been playing Factorio on and off. Got tired it for a couple of months and got started playing again this week. Lots of changes and improvements in gameplay :p Anyway, there was something I wanted to ask. Even from when I started playing the game after purchasing it in september this year I had the feeling that this game is pretty complete. I mean, with most early access games you usually have buttons ingame, features ingame that are obviously missing and incomplete.

So.. What is missing in factorio? What are the major features for the future? I'm not talking about the next update but rather the distant future. What are some of the major features that are not even close to be inserted in the game? The modding community has done LOADS of things that make the game even feel more complete from the start. Am I missing the obvious here?

If I had to make a guess, I would say that more resources may be missing. Maybe more research? Maybe even more complicated chains that have to flow into each other? Besides the things I mentioned here, what else is missing? What major features are yet to be released? I'm also not talking about balancing the game out (that's going to happen anyway)

Well, I'm curious to see what the answer is to this question of mine :p

Cheers!

Kingdark

Xeanoa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: The future of factorio

Post by Xeanoa »

Endgame.

Vanilla Factorio has literally NOTHING to do after the rocket launch. Well, finishing some leftover research maybe. Unless you create goals yourself, there is no incentive to keep playing at that point.

kingdark
Inserter
Inserter

Post by kingdark »

Okay, so how long does it usually take a veteran player to get to the rocket launch?

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

The record is probably <4 hours for a speedrun. Most veteran players probably carve out all kinds of goals for themselves, stretching the game from anywhere between 20ish to 200+ hours. Then there's a boatload of mods to try, ranging from minor changes to almost complete overhauls of the game, adding many more hours of potential gameplay.

The roadmap (viewtopic.php?f=3&t=678) lists some of the future plans the devs have.
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

Xeanoa
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeanoa »

kingdark wrote:Okay, so how long does it usually take a veteran player to get to the rocket launch?
There's an archievement for doing it in under 8hrs, so that's probably a good mark.

Return to “General discussion”