construction tree diagram

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
themcfluffy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

construction tree diagram

Post by themcfluffy »

Hey All,

Ive only recently bought factorio but have already had many many hours of fun with it. Im a bit compulsive when it comes to mapping out processes & made myself a construction tree diagram to help me figure out what i needed where. I'm not sure anyone else would actually find it useful (see disclaimers below!) but just in case I thought id post it up here :-)

DISCLAIMERS
- it does not include weapons (but it does include base defences) , id gotten too far by the time i realised this wasnt going to be practical
- colours and line types are just for ease of following, if i make any future versions they may be used to group certain items
- I didnt have any proper software handy, as such i made it on trial software which kindly didnt mention until i tried to export that it was going to add the annoying watermark over the image, sorry about that! (anyone got smartdraw ci? i could email over the file!)
-I have only done a single efficiency sweep over the tree, if anyone likes it and i make another at game launch it will be properly optimized to minimise crossing paths
-if this is not the sort of thing im supposed to be doing i will fall on my own ignorance without complaint

Fluff
Attachments
gif of construction tree without weapons
gif of construction tree without weapons
factorio construction tree no weapons.gif (990.55 KiB) Viewed 3358 times

JackGruff
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: construction tree diagram

Post by JackGruff »

Here's a nice free graph editor with automatic layout algorithms for you.

http://www.yworks.com/en/products_yed_about.html

themcfluffy
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by themcfluffy »

oooh, new toy, many thanks! :-)

Palpatine
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Palpatine »

themcfluffy wrote:oooh, new toy, many thanks! :-)
Allow me to point you to my construction planner that generates only the necessary graph:
https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 133#p25133

DarkenDragon
Inserter
Inserter

Post by DarkenDragon »

This actually does help with knowing exactly how many factories you will need. I‘ve just gotten to the end game and realizing how everything needs circuit boards and how my 4 assemblies weren't cutting it. And then when I made more I realized my copper wire wasnt keeping up, then my copper plates and then i realized im out of space for forges. So if i had this now ill know how much of each I‘ll need and how much space needed for the future.. thank you for your hard work

Return to “General discussion”