blueprints.factorio.com

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
diilmac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

blueprints.factorio.com

Post by diilmac »

I think it's a good idea to expand the website with the ability to add blueprints same as mods.
In fact, there is already such a site, unfortunately failure to meet the expectations of the users.
Model of mods website will fit the bill perfectly, with minor modifications.

Is there any chance the implementation of thisor maybe work on this is already underway?
Also I would like to to ask the opinion of the players.

current base : factorioblueprints.com

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: blueprints.factorio.com

Post by ssilk »

Interesting. I think this is the ... 3rd try to make a blueprint-storage... :)

This could be interesting:
viewtopic.php?f=134&t=9025
Sadly not longer online.

viewtopic.php?f=8&t=27030 Generating Blueprints by Coding

And from the FFF about the blueprint-library I can interpret, that something like that is already planned to be implemented. https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-161
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

diilmac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diilmac »

Got It!

https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-156
Also who knows, maybe we end up with a Factorio blueprints portal - something like a global database accessible to all the players. That would be an interesting way to share the setups.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Which doesn't mean, that this work is worthless. The mod-portal was formerly also a voluntary contribution project:
viewtopic.php?f=137&t=13563

diilmac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diilmac »

I found two more promising projects on github

github.com/tmharber/factoriodb
github.com/Danacus/FactorioBlueprints

HurkWurk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by HurkWurk »

storage is nice, but on offline creator would be awesome as well.

Engimage
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Engimage »

HurkWurk wrote:storage is nice, but on offline creator would be awesome as well.
The game itself is an excellent offline creator.

Not long ago I did vote for the creation of online blueprint storage. Anyways this will be done this way or another.
But there is an issue coming from this - people will mostly reuse already invented optimal setups instead of bringing their own creativity to the game.
So the fine line here should be preventing online BP storage from being easily accessible directly from the game. Many lazy people would object but that is my point of view.

Ghoulish
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Ghoulish »

I would like to add my vote for blueprints.factorio.com. Though I would guess it isn't a high priority, but hopefully it could be a SOON™ thing.
See the daily™ struggles with my Factory! :D https://www.twitch.tv/repetitivebeats

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I don't know. For a player there is no difference between extending the game by loading a mod or extending it by loading sets of blueprints.
The same is with maps.

For me as player mods, maps and blueprints don't have much differences, the're nothing else than an extension of the game and I would like to search and download them in a similar way than currently with the mods.

diilmac
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by diilmac »

Today found new website factorioprints.com, actually this is copy 1 to 1 with factorioblueprints.com.

Website works pretty good, but there is some problem when you try to see all blueprints of specify author, it shows nothing.
Also lack of such categories, rating.

phi1010
Inserter
Inserter

Post by phi1010 »

ssilk wrote:For me as player mods, maps and blueprints don't have much differences, the're nothing else than an extension of the game and I would like to search and download them in a similar way than currently with the mods.
There is one major difference: Mods are created out-of-game, by writing code, and are not easy to understand for everyone. Blueprints can be created ingame by everyone, and might also much more profit from
  • being uploadable ingame (... similar to the steam controller configuration database. They force a creator to play for 30 mins with the config before it can be made public, which get's rid of most buggy configs.)
  • non-public libraries symched between laptop and desktop PC. (... another feature of the steam controller configuration options.)
  • user-defined categories/collections (see the steam workshop). Most mods do not depend that heavily on each other that it's impossible to download them by hand; while selecting 100 compatible modular rail blueprints (e.g. precisely engineered to avoid signals colliding with each other, to have consistent track distances and track directions) without getting an inconsistent set would take a lot of time.

Return to “General discussion”