How aggresive are bites supposed to be?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

How aggresive are bites supposed to be?

Post by mtilsted »

How aggresive are bites supposed to be if you newer visit their base?

Are there any documentation for which evolution level/pollution level I should reach, before the biters start sending attack waves? Because right now, each base only send out an initial small group(less then 10 biters) and then nothing more unless I attack their base without killing them. (This is with a 34MW coal factory)

And I don't know if this is a bug, or a feature.

kingarthur
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: How aggresive are bites supposed to be?

Post by kingarthur »

check your pollution levels and see if they reach the bases. fyi. push the alt key to show pollution (as red squares) on the map if you didnt know. biters that are not getting any pollution dont really do much. more pollution more biter in the base. more bases and more attacks

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

You can find here the information about biters, and when they are likely to change according to evolution factor.
Biters attack only when pollution cloud reaches them. If their bases are never touched by your pollution cloud, you'll never get attacks. But they also colonize regularly - albeit slowly at the beginning, and faster as the evolution factor goes up - empty spaces, so they get closer to your base, thus closer to your pollution cloud.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mtilsted »

Koub wrote:You can find here the information about biters, and when they are likely to change according to evolution factor.
Biters attack only when pollution cloud reaches them. If their bases are never touched by your pollution cloud, you'll never get attacks. But they also colonize regularly - albeit slowly at the beginning, and faster as the evolution factor goes up - empty spaces, so they get closer to your base, thus closer to your pollution cloud.
On my current map, there is one bitter base covered in so much pollution, that the square is light red all the time on the overview map when showing pollution(Which afaik is because it got more polution then it can absorb). But it is still not attacking, except for an small initial wave(Less then 6 biters).

Do I need a specific evolution score before they start forming attack waves?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

This is how waves are supposed to be sent when pollution reaches alien bases.
This is when you're not playing peaceful, obviously, but I assume you're not, as you've already been attacked.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mtilsted »

Koub wrote:This is how waves are supposed to be sent when pollution reaches alien bases.
This is when you're not playing peaceful, obviously, but I assume you're not, as you've already been attacked.
Thats what I thought, but I have newer in all the time I have played the game seen an attack wave except when I previously killed all the bugs in the base. For all the details you might want to read this thread: viewtopic.php?f=23&t=36587 (In the last message, there is a 34MW factory game attached, with the base in read, but still no attack waves forming, except for the initial attack when each base gets hit for the first time).

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mtilsted »

Koub wrote:This is how waves are supposed to be sent when pollution reaches alien bases.
Is there anyway to see how much pollution a specific bitter base have absorbed?

AcolyteOfRocket
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AcolyteOfRocket »

How much is not relevant - if they can smell you, they are coming ;-)

mtilsted
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by mtilsted »

AcolyteOfRocket wrote:How much is not relevant - if they can smell you, they are coming ;-)
Nope. The correct quote is "If they can smell you, they should be coming". But they don't and I am trying to find out why :)

malfunctionm1ke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by malfunctionm1ke »

I would like to see another variety of Biters and Spiters:

The Hive-queen.

They move slower than other Aliens, but are mobile hives that can also seed the area with nests.
They deal huge damage (maybe also ranged)

Basically I would like to see them as siegeweapons that brake through your walls of stone or walls of ion-cannons.

Maybe we get some kind of Weapons of Massdestruction with the Nuclear update ;)

Grimakar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Grimakar »

malfunctionm1ke wrote:I would like to see another variety of Biters and Spiters:

The Hive-queen.

They move slower than other Aliens, but are mobile hives that can also seed the area with nests.
They deal huge damage (maybe also ranged)

Basically I would like to see them as siegeweapons that brake through your walls of stone or walls of ion-cannons.

Maybe we get some kind of Weapons of Massdestruction with the Nuclear update ;)
But then I want artillery even more.

malfunctionm1ke
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by malfunctionm1ke »

Grimakar wrote: But then I want artillery even more.
YES!!!

http://i.imgur.com/O2LBKKQ.mp4

Return to “General discussion”