Randomly banned from server. Can i communicate?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Encrypted
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Randomly banned from server. Can i communicate?

Post by Encrypted »

Hello everyone,

We were doing an eight hour achievement run and we're 4,5 hours in and we had the launch pad ready and then the server admin decided to ban me for no reason what so ever. Now i get the server admin is in charge but there is no way for me to get into contact with him. I just wanted to ask him why and ask to get back so we can get the achievement.

Is there a possibility to contact someone in a server without being able to connect?

And if there is no possibility is there a black list of server admins i can check against? So i don't go down this road again.

Thanks all

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Randomly banned from server. Can i communicate?

Post by Neemys »

Unless the server have mean to contact the admin in place (teamspeak, contact form on website or whatever) you can't contact server admin via factorio outside of server chat. You can try to see if this admin have the same factorio forum account than the factorio ones and contact him by pm.

There was a community project of blacklist for toxic player but nothing I know of for potentially toxic server admin.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

impetus maximus
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by impetus maximus »

probably someone drunk with power. plenty of good servers to play on. just move on. ;)

GlassDeviant
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GlassDeviant »

That's the trouble with servers that are not your own, you can never predict what the admin will do.

Nothing you can do but move on. Even if you did contact him it would likely do you no good and possibly cause you even more frustration.
- GD

Sorry if my posts are becoming difficult to read, my typing ability is rapidly deteriorating due to a nerve disorder. I try to clean them up before posting but don't always get every last typo.

Return to “General discussion”