8 mk2 shield 4 fusion reactor mk2 Power Armor=OP

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

8 mk2 shield 4 fusion reactor mk2 Power Armor=OP

Post by Frightning »

Seriously, I could walk into a biter base (big biters and spitters) and kill what I wanted and completely ignore their meager attempts at protesting my assault, amazing. :o :twisted:

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: 8 mk2 shield 4 fusion reactor mk2 Power Armor=OP

Post by Klonan »

Well it is lategame armor, which costs an incredible amount of resources,

So i think its fair that its pretty powerful

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

Try the same thing in one full of Behemoth spitters and biters and you will find out why you need this power.
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

sholcomb101
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sholcomb101 »

I must be doing something wrong because I have never seen these behemoths I keep reading about. I have one game that I have over 40 hours into and have launched multiple rockets but still have not seen these things. I wish there was a way to track the level of their advancement that doesn't mess up the achievements.

rolfl
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by rolfl »

sholcomb101 wrote:....I wish there was a way to track the level of their advancement that doesn't mess up the achievements.
I believe the command `/evolution` does not affect achievements..... and should give an indication of biter progress. The wiki enemies page does not mention the `evolution` command: https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... #Evolution but the console pages do: https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... FEvolution

Note that the console page reiterates: "Note that commands that do not start with "/c" do not disable achievements."

Hannu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Hannu »

sholcomb101 wrote:I must be doing something wrong because I have never seen these behemoths I keep reading about. I have one game that I have over 40 hours into and have launched multiple rockets but still have not seen these things.
I get typically behemoths soon after I get rocket launches running constantly. It takes significantly more time because I am too perfectionist in some things. It does not take long time from first appearing to the point in which about one third of the enemies are behemoth sized. The behemoths strengthen enemies significantly and I had much difficulties in my first games when they appeared. I had attack weapons and defenses against large biters but suddenly behemoths went through lines and especially made my tank as a ridiculous plastic toy in nest clearing. I had to build new armors, hundreds of combat robots and learn a new fighting tactics.

If something feels OP, I recommend to just avoid using it. For example I do not like beacons because they are ridiculously OP in my opinion. However, there are thousands of players with their own opinions, play styles and hardwares and beacons are very good or even necessary in many of them. Devs are forced to keep vanilla Factorio very easy and give many things which are overpowered for many players, because otherwise they would make some player's play styles impossible or too annoying. Everyone can mod the game to be more suitable in personal needs.

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

Main reason is that armor applies to shields now. Used to be far weaker.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

sholcomb101 wrote:I have one game that I have over 40 hours into and have launched multiple rockets but still have not seen these things. I wish there was a way to track the level of their advancement that doesn't mess up the achievements.
40 hours? Behemoths are very unlikely to appear at that stage unless you have either been profligate with pollution or made a point of killing every nest you find.

My last extended play map is currently at over 90 hours and biter evolution has still not reached the 100% the wiki tells you is needed for them to appear.

IME they actually begin appearing a little before that, but 100% is the official line.

On the multiplayer server I am regularly playing we have clocked up over 300 hours, and now have gangs of a dozen or so mixed Behemoth spitters and biters attacking our defences anywhere the pollution level is higher than 0!

So persevere - they will spawn eventually :)
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

100% never happens. Any evo increase is proportional to 100- current%. Kinda like lightspeed or any other "as x approaches infinity, y approaches z"

I believe behemoths show up at 99% based on the code, and the proportion increases as you get closer to 100%

Evogui rounds btw, so it says 100% at 99.5%. Or 99.99995% for the extra decimal place.
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

As I recall, since 0.13, Behemoths begin to show at 0.9, but I could be wrong. Also, I don't necessarily consider the armor OP, it is hi-tech and ludicrously expensive, but I was just a bit awestruck at how powerful it really was, and I am aware of the resistance change, and know that is a big part of why it's so strong.

Return to “General discussion”