"Finished" the singleplayer, what next?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
basementjack
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

"Finished" the singleplayer, what next?

Post by basementjack »

Hi folks,

I finished the single player (generated map on easy on v .13.20) , and really loved it!

What do most of you do after you've sent that rocket into space?

Are there more Campaigns that can be downloaded?

One thing I found for myself, is I was expecting replayability to be high, but going through those campaigns, I find it really frustrating to be back with so little researched technology.

I also found the enemies in the New Hope Campaign to be too difficult, and I had to give that up. They were eating through 8 layers of wall, with lasers behind.

Anyhow great game that, even if I never replayed it, was WELL worth the money, but just mainly wondering what others do after they finish to keep it interesting.

- Jack

Daid
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: "Finished" the singleplayer, what next?

Post by Daid »

No hand crafting achievement. Mods.

Also your 2nd game will have a very different base from the first, as you learned a lot.

The 8 hour achievement is also nice to try.

Or multiplayer servers can be nice.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Try aspects of the game you have probably not tried during your first sandbox game. Build bigger, use lvl 3 modules and beacons, use trains (lots of them). Try a few achievements, or a quickrun to the rocket. See if you can do better with more difficult starting conditions (less ressources/more biters) ... And of course, you can change your experience of the game with a few mods.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

ChurchOrganist
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ChurchOrganist »

The game needn't end just because you have launched the rocket, although the single-player game suggests that.

You can choose to continue playing, build bigger and more complex factories, explore the map further, develop a mega-train system.

Really you can do whatever you want.

I must confess that starting again from scratch is a bit daunting, but there are mods around to help with that such as Klonan's SpawnGear to give you better stuff at the start, Agent Orange to help with the mass deforestation that is usually required at the beginning of the game, but rapidly becomes tedious, and blueprint mods like Blueprint String and Foreman which enable you to transfer blueprints between games.

If that's not enough for you, then you could explore the mods which extend the game, like Angel's Ores, Bob's Mods and Dytech.

There are also mods like RSO which change the way resources are distributed through out the map, encouraging the use of train networks.

Finally there is multiplayer - the early game is a lot less tedious if several of you are working together to get through the chores.

HTH
Want to know where the biters chewing your power plant have come from??
Wondering where your next iron is going to come from??
You need Long Range Radar

Zonk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zonk »

Well consider it as if you just beat the tutorial!

Join a few online Games (check out some with 100+ hours just to see how things could look like) preferably new games with less than 1-2 hours.

This wil naturaly lead you to Mods and some Achievement hunting.

Then go back to your singleplayermap and .... well you know by then

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Congrats on 'finishing' or launching a rocket for the first time! :)
At this point there are several things you could do honestly.
You could continue playing on your current map and just keep building bigger and expanding, etc. Or you could start a new map and try to build differently and correct mistakes you made in the last map. Perhaps set certain goals for yourself as well.
If vanilla doesn't really interest you at this point, there are a massive number of mods available that can provide a different experience! Anything from small mods that add a few helpful features/machines, to pretty much complete overhauls which will change the game pretty drastically.

On top of all that there is multiplayer. If you have any friends who play, try some multiplayer with them. If not, there are tons of games hosted by people that you can find in the server browsing area and join in and have fun. Just the experience of working together with people to build a factory is a whole new adventure and in my opinion one of the best ways to play the game. :D

Hope this helped!
Image Image Image

Return to “General discussion”