Map Challenges

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Vile
Inserter
Inserter

Map Challenges

Post by Vile »

I love when random maps present their own challenges. This is a minor one, but it's fun nonetheless. I play vanilla btw. The two train stations at the bottom are the only oil to be found so far. Once I find more I'll have to figure out how to get it. :)
Untitled.gif
Untitled.gif (224.83 KiB) Viewed 2113 times

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Map Challenges

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

Wait till there's more red on the map than green, then try to go hunting for oil ._.

With oil frequency set to minimum I ended up using a command to scan 2048 squares in all directions, noting where the oil was and reloading (to re-enable achievements). Otherwise it just takes too long to wade through all the biters.
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

eidolonFIRE_XI
Inserter
Inserter

Post by eidolonFIRE_XI »

Are you not using any radars???

Deadly-Bagel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Deadly-Bagel »

The oil I found was just within the 2,048 tile distance I revealed, radars scan 112 tiles in each direction and 797 passively (but slowly). Yes, I was using radars, it just didn't help ^^ Would have needed to set up, what, 8 sets of them? Right out in biter territory. I tried, but it took way too long to clear out the spawners.

Ideally we would have an end-game entity to handle this, revealing resource patches at great distances for a very high power cost. Not sure if it would be able to just reveal resources as the map, might be these things only become available once you've explored close enough...
Money might be the root of all evil, but ignorance is the heart.

Return to “General discussion”