How Do I Edit a Map I've Already Played On?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
RetroGamerTGG
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

How Do I Edit a Map I've Already Played On?

Post by RetroGamerTGG »

Hello, I just recently purchased Factorio and have had lots of fun with it. However, I wanted to know how to edit worlds I have already played in. I have a world that I would like to edit but can't figure out how. Thanks for your help!

LotA
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: How Do I Edit a Map I've Already Played On?

Post by LotA »

there is basically 2 options in order to "edit" a save :

The first solution is simply to "cheat" and use lua commands to edit/change/create anything you want within your save.
(you can create resources, edit land tiles, create entities etc. The only counterpart is that it's slow to write down everything you want and you'll have to get used to lua)

Second solution : transform a save into a scenario then edit it via the map editor as seen here
simply create a shortcut to factorio and edit it like so "target" points to "<<factorio forlder>>\bin\x64\Factorio.exe --map2scenario <<name of the save>>"
if you use steam, this syntax should also work : "steam://rungameid/427520 --map2scenario <<name of the save>>"
Factorio will launch & close immediately. Restart factorio and you'll have your scenario
The map editor ease the work alot but some things can't be edited there (meaning nevertheless, you'll have to add a lua script file to get everything in place)

Return to “General discussion”