Lamps and Decider Combinators

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Atting
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Lamps and Decider Combinators

Post by Atting »

Hi there,

I'm working on a making a "LCD Sign in Factorio. I'we been trying to fix this issue now for over 6 hous and can't take this any more!!!!

This is what i'm trying to do:

I want a lamp to Light up White when the value of "A" is beetween 0 to 200.
Then I want the same Lamp to be Yellow when the value of "A" is beetween 201 to 400
And finaly it shuold go back to white when the value of "A" is beetween 401 to 600... And then it starts over again.

I can't make this work. In my eyes it seems that yellow is a stronger color and therfore rulles out the white...

Please helkp me with this!!!!! :?:

Xeteth
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Lamps and Decider Combinators

Post by Xeteth »

Atting wrote:Hi there,

I'm working on a making a "LCD Sign in Factorio. I'we been trying to fix this issue now for over 6 hous and can't take this any more!!!!

This is what i'm trying to do:

I want a lamp to Light up White when the value of "A" is beetween 0 to 200.
Then I want the same Lamp to be Yellow when the value of "A" is beetween 201 to 400
And finaly it shuold go back to white when the value of "A" is beetween 401 to 600... And then it starts over again.

I can't make this work. In my eyes it seems that yellow is a stronger color and therfore rulles out the white...

Please helkp me with this!!!!! :?:
Since you are wanting the light to change colour but still activate when A has a value I'd do it like this:
Set the light to work when A > 0, then have a gate for each colour using decider combinators.

So the gate you want uses 3 deciders and goes like this:
When A>200 output B=1
When A<401 output B=1
Then from those the third decider goes When B=2 output Yellow=1 and send this to the light

Note that you have to open the properties for the lamp and tick "Use colours"

Hope this helps, any further questions ask here :)

Return to “General discussion”