A few minor issues in a great game.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
OzHawkeye
Inserter
Inserter

A few minor issues in a great game.

Post by OzHawkeye »

Hi Devs,

Well, first up, love Factorio! Been playing for a long time now, came back again when it launched on Steam for another hundred hours or so and just playing another new game now. Pure gameplay - it's games like these that remind me of the heyday of PC gaming back in the 80's... hehe.

Anyway, a few pieces of very sincerely meant constructive criticism.

1 - Logistics Inventory - please, please, please, can I see the whole inventory of my logistics system, not just the top 30 odd (that right hand screen). In one game I mucked up the auto-processing on the assembly machine making autobots and I ended up with thousands of the buggers before realising it.

2 - Combat - could we have the Aliens drop their loot into inventory? I often spend more time running all over the place trying to hoover loot up than I do in combat (particularly late game, when you can just roll all over them).

3 - Quit confirmation box - I'm writing this now because I'm waiting for my game to restart having (again.... argghh) closed the game and not the technology screen which I was pondering over at the time.

4 - Post-game download - every time I do close Factorio (deliberately or otherwise... lol) I get this verrrrry slow (I'm reminded of 80's gaming again here) download. At a dial-up envious speed of 100 KB/s or so, it takes a good long time, and it's every single time I close the app.

Anyway, other than those minor things, I'm loving Factorio. While I won't play it FOR the next 10 years, I'm sure I will still be playing it IN 10 years (or Factorio II, III or whatever you're up to then... hehe).

Much regards.

TruePikachu
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: A few minor issues in a great game.

Post by TruePikachu »

For #4, I am very doubtful Factorio is the cause.

OzHawkeye
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OzHawkeye »

TruePikachu wrote:For #4, I am very doubtful Factorio is the cause.
Quite possibly, though of the 60-odd games in my Library, Factorio is the only one that does it. To be sure, I am using a bunch of mods (Bob's mods).

Aatch
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Aatch »

For #4: It'd probably not a download, it's probably the steam cloud save sync. Not all games use it, so it's possible Factorio is the only one you have that uses it.

OzHawkeye
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OzHawkeye »

Aatch wrote:For #4: It'd probably not a download, it's probably the steam cloud save sync. Not all games use it, so it's possible Factorio is the only one you have that uses it.
Ah yes, that sounds like it might be it.

Anyway, it's a minor inconvenience (except for those times I accidentally close the game.. hehe)

LotA
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LotA »

#4 is indeed the steam cloud synchronizing your save files. Factorio can have quite big saves (>50Mo) so uploading such amount of data take some times depending on your connexion.

The only things the dev can do about that is reducing the save files size, which i believe they are trying to (it would also help connection to another server) in particular by optimising the map generation

jdround
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by jdround »

#4 - In steam go to Library - Factorio - Properties - Updates - uncheck Enable Steam Cloud synchronisation for Factorio.

OzHawkeye
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OzHawkeye »

jdround wrote:#4 - In steam go to Library - Factorio - Properties - Updates - uncheck Enable Steam Cloud synchronisation for Factorio.
Thanks Muchly! :-)

Well, I hope the other three get changed someday -- Factorio is somewhere around a 9.3/10 for me. Not that the other 3 issues would ever stop me playing it, but they do get a little annoying at times.

Still, it's a brilliantly addictive game.. hehe.

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

1 has bin out there for some time I posted it a long time ago viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2583&hilit=logistic+network%3F (Wed Feb 26, 2014)

I think 0.15 may help:
Gui reskin and possible improvements
Circuit network improvements and optimisations

so one can just hope.

OzHawkeye
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OzHawkeye »

Lee_newsum wrote:1 has bin out there for some time I posted it a long time ago viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2583&hilit=logistic+network%3F (Wed Feb 26, 2014)

I think 0.15 may help:

so one can just hope.
Yeah, I'd imagine the first three are all ones that I wouldn't have been the first to mention. The lack of a full inventory view of a logistics system I listed first, because it's probably the most annoying one I reckon.

Fingers crossed for 15 fixing it. :-)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Lee_newsum wrote:1 has bin out there for some time I posted it a long time ago viewtopic.php?f=6&t=2583&hilit=logistic+network%3F (Wed Feb 26, 2014)

I think 0.15 may help:
A fix of this is of course needed, but for some reasons don't want it to be too detailed. See viewtopic.php?f=80&t=19987
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

OzHawkeye
Inserter
Inserter

Post by OzHawkeye »

ssilk wrote:

I think 0.15 may help:
A fix of this is of course needed, but for some reasons don't want it to be too detailed. See viewtopic.php?f=80&t=19987
Interesting thread. I pretty much assumed I wasn't the only one having problems with the current logistics information, and it seems this has been a long-running request.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

It's not so, that fixing this will improve game-play very much. It's like with the spawn on island problem: Needs to be fixed after all the other stuff... :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “General discussion”