Change the name

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Chainsaw
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Change the name

Post by Chainsaw »

My friend and I are Australians, both in our 40's and have been gaming together since the 80's. We'll sit playing single player games talking on skype for up to 18hrs some/mostdays. We both think this game is gold, oh it's not for everyone that's for sure, as it's too complex - the same reason we love it. Though you should consider changing the name ;)

To "Sidetracked"

We affectionately refer to the game as "What was I doing again" due to the number of times that we'll plan to do something and hours later still have not started it. Simple stuff usually, like; fix the wall, increase power supply, make something. Constantly get sidetracked. We seem to get distracted by anything and everything. If I'm running from point A to point B and there's anything in between them I probably wont get there for an hour or more.

To "My Brain Hurts"

When we started playing the game it hurt. The learning curve is a little steep after you get past the easy stuff but it's more caused by the freedom the game offers, there are just so many ways of doing things sometimes my head just wants to explode.

Just thought I'd share. 8-)

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Change the name

Post by kovarex »

Great to hear that our goal was achieved :)

Drury
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Drury »

The first time I heard of the game, the first thing that crossed my mind was "It's-a-me, Factorio!" and I swear I can hear the player character saying it when raiding biter nests.

So yeah the game is Super Factorio to me. Can't wait for Super Factorio Bros and Super Factorio 64.

Deathmage
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Deathmage »

Learning curve? Try playing dwarf fortress with out guides or custom tiles sets :)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

Chainsaw wrote:We affectionately refer to the game as "What was I doing again" due to the number of times that we'll plan to do something and hours later still have not started it. Simple stuff usually, like; fix the wall, increase power supply, make something. Constantly get sidetracked. We seem to get distracted by anything and everything. If I'm running from point A to point B and there's anything in between them I probably wont get there for an hour or more.
Yes! I know that. :) It would be a cool idea to have some sign I can place which opens up something like a "task".
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Cunk
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Cunk »

Chainsaw wrote: To "Sidetracked"

We affectionately refer to the game as "What was I doing again" due to the number of times that we'll plan to do something and hours later still have not started it. Simple stuff usually, like; fix the wall, increase power supply, make something. Constantly get sidetracked. We seem to get distracted by anything and everything. If I'm running from point A to point B and there's anything in between them I probably wont get there for an hour or more.
This. I spent hours last night running circles around my central lake because every time I got to one side I'd remember something I was supposed to be doing on the other. Neurotic behavior gamified.

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Deathmage wrote:Learning curve? Try playing dwarf fortress with out guides or custom tiles sets :)
Oh god.......

Return to “General discussion”