any ideas for a fourth red module?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
haunted_1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

any ideas for a fourth red module?

Post by haunted_1 »

Is there anyone else wondering what a red module could do?

I was thinking about a module that increases the stacksize of the module slots.

F.e. Tier 1 Red Module increases the stacksize about 1 per slot which means you could put 2 speedmodules Tier 3 in one slot.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: any ideas for a fourth red module?

Post by slay_mithos »

I seriously hope that it will never be like that, because there are two major flaws:

1. you could put an entire tack of tier 1 (1 by one, on the same slot), making all the other slots able to receive a full stack.

2. It would completely ruin the balance, as you could get all 4 kind of modules in high numbers in mk3 factories, making them cost nearly no energy, produce tons of "extra", and work rally fast.

You could argue that it would still cost the modules, or that this "red" one could be really expensive, but many players do very extensive mining, and resource cost is barely an issue in that case.

I'd love to see modules for other things than factory machines, like stack size modules for inserters, repair modules that slowly regenerate the building's life, various modules for the defence structures (range, damage, speed, multi shot, aoe), module for autopilot on your car, modules for smart trains...
It could make things really crazy when trying to automate everything, but it seems like there are many things that modules could be applied to, rather than just trying to make more for the factory buildings.

haunted_1
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by haunted_1 »

slay_mithos wrote:1. you could put an entire tack of tier 1 (1 by one, on the same slot), making all the other slots able to receive a full stack.
Those red modules shouldn't stack, of course. Which means the maximum is 14 Tier 3 speed modules with two Tier 3 red modules for example (10.0 crafting speed)! [2 x +3 stacksize]

slay_mithos wrote:2. It would completely ruin the balance, as you could get all 4 kind of modules in high numbers in mk3 factories, making them cost nearly no energy, produce tons of "extra", and work rally fast.

You could argue that it would still cost the modules, or that this "red" one could be really expensive, but many players do very extensive mining, and resource cost is barely an issue in that case.
Yeah, I already took that in consideration that this is very OP. So this module should be really expensive.

I also was thinking about an energy storage module which works like an accumulator in your machines.
I like yours ideas though but i m not sure what do you mean by modules for smart trains.

slay_mithos
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by slay_mithos »

Well, it could be many things, like "wait until one wagon is full", the same with "all", and both for "empty" too.

Or it could even be for routing train to different stations based on condition (green wire, red wire thing, for example).

ficolas
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by ficolas »

For having more effects there is the unefficient messy beacon.

Dakkanor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Dakkanor »

Radar Module! (short range radar no scanning)
Lamp Attachments! (nuff said)
Armor module! (add resistances)
Passive Defence Module! (increased energy cost to electrify anything that attacks it)
Range Module! (increased range area- mining, drones, substations)

change modules into modular upgrades, each building which has room for them could have a small space for the module which actually appears when its installed (passive defence would look like a tesla coil, range would be like an antenna etc)

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

I think a range module would have many uses: roboports, miners, substations, inserters, radar, modular armor, towers...
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

ludsoe
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ludsoe »

ssilk wrote:I think a range module would have many uses: roboports, miners, substations, inserters, radar, modular armor, towers...
Tesla Tower with speed and range modules. Nuff said.

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by ssilk »

If nobody minds I would move this to suggestions and join with other thread.
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “General discussion”