What’s up with GOG version?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
horrorizer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

What’s up with GOG version?

Post by horrorizer »

Just a week ago I got to know the existence of this game, played the demo and found a new love.
So I was looking to buy it and this is the situation researched so far.
Steam store 20$, Factorio Web 20$, GOG.com 11$
After looking the forums and FAQ: “Factorio will never be on sale, if anything will raise price”
I can Import Steam version to Web version.
I can Import Web version to Steam version.
Now here are my two problems, why is GOG version cheaper and not importable? It is supported-updated? And why there is no mention to GOG in any place of the web and forums.
Note: by the time I post this I already got the game in the web.

Klonan
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: What’s up with GOG version?

Post by Klonan »

horrorizer wrote:Just a week ago I got to know the existence of this game, played the demo and found a new love.
So I was looking to buy it and this is the situation researched so far.
Steam store 20$, Factorio Web 20$, GOG.com 11$
After looking the forums and FAQ: “Factorio will never be on sale, if anything will raise price”
I can Import Steam version to Web version.
I can Import Web version to Steam version.
Now here are my two problems, why is GOG version cheaper and not importable? It is supported-updated? And why there is no mention to GOG in any place of the web and forums.
Note: by the time I post this I already got the game in the web.

GOG version uses regional pricing, steam is the same, but maybe they calculate regions differently, which is why the price is different
The GOG version supports all updates, and you can redeem a retail key to upgrade a factorio account, to use the mod portal and matching server, and to download automatic updates

We don't generally mention all our retailers everywhere we post, as we assume people will purchase in whatever way they prefer, in the same way we don't mention buying on our website or steam, on the GOG page

horrorizer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: What’s up with GOG version?

Post by horrorizer »

So I see https://www.gog.com/game/factorio at 11$ only because of the region I am (dominican republic). ty for for the answer.
When show the game to friends then will send they to GOG without having to worry if will be able to play online

Return to “General discussion”