Achievements not quite working right

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Ratzap
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Achievements not quite working right

Post by Ratzap »

I have to assume other people are having trouble with them too. I finished a game, it gave me the achievement but steam doesn't know about it. Solaris doesn't seem to trigger regardless of how much solar power you build. I even blew up all the boilers and engines I had in a box. The run over by a train one seems to be wonky too.

Still, 0.13 is pretty damn good so far but I hope they fix these soon.

mophydeen
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Achievements not quite working right

Post by mophydeen »

4 vs 8

- smoke me a kipper, i'll be back for breakfast: finished 2 new games on 0.13.+
- no time for chit-chat (<15h): did single player speedrun
- there is no spoon (<8h): did multiplayer speedrun with friends 6.30min
- Watch your step: was / is bugged ?

** solaris is just unoptainable ...?

achievements ingame:
achievements ingame
achievements ingame
game.png (476.4 KiB) Viewed 9830 times
achievements in steam:
achievements in steam
achievements in steam
steam.png (121.38 KiB) Viewed 9830 times

xarugas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xarugas »

mophydeen wrote:You are right

- steam not syncing the achievements.
- solaris achievement is not triggering ... 7.8k solar panels
Technically you need 240k+ solar panels and 200k accumulators to generate 10GW, and enough consumption (ideally radars or beacons) to keep production that high. However, the achievement doesn't seem to work regardless:

KatherineOfSky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KatherineOfSky »

xarugas wrote:
mophydeen wrote:You are right

- steam not syncing the achievements.
- solaris achievement is not triggering ... 7.8k solar panels
Technically you need 240k+ solar panels and 200k accumulators to generate 10GW, and enough consumption (ideally radars or beacons) to keep production that high. However, the achievement doesn't seem to work regardless:
That can't be right. I have 9.3k Solar Panels, and around 39 GJ capacity on my accumulators. If I wanted to, I could generate the entire capacity in the space of an in-game day... which is what, 15 minutes or so? Definitely not an hour!

The achievement is for 10 GJ per HOUR...

(I have totally disconnected my steam engines -- they are flashing because they're not connected to anything.)

Something is definitely bugged here, since I have been increasing production and energy usage like crazy. I know that I fill those accumulators at least 1/3 (to full) every in-game day, plus produce enough energy to run the entire factory, which is building 4 rockets every few minutes.

I'm sure that it's not registering correctly. Solaris achievement is definitely bugged.

Edit: for clarity -- the Solaris achievement is not popping either in-game or on Steam.
Tutorials, wild playthroughs, and more! https://www.youtube.com/@KatherineOfSky

xarugas
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by xarugas »

10 GJ of energy is just around 2k accumulators, which is a rather tiny amount compared to the other achievements. (like the one that requires 10m green circuits) I always assumed it was a typo and they meant 10 GW. In either case the achievement doesn't work so yeah :(

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" is not given to steam. I have it ingame though. I saved the game just before rocket launch and tried it a few times. Using 0.13.4.

Few achievements regarding to winning were granted though: Logistic network embargo, Raining bullets, Steam all the way.

Also confirm "Watch your step" is not given to steam.

briezee
Inserter
Inserter

Post by briezee »

I've not been able to get Eco Unfriendly to trigger at all. Game was started in .12.34. Oil processing was researched in .12 and Advanced Oil Processing in .13.4.

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

briezee wrote:I've not been able to get Eco Unfriendly to trigger at all. Game was started in .12.34. Oil processing was researched in .12 and Advanced Oil Processing in .13.4.
You need to start a new game, so you can research the basic oil processing. Achivements don't count researches that are done in past games propably on purpose too.

briezee
Inserter
Inserter

Post by briezee »

Zaflis wrote:
briezee wrote:I've not been able to get Eco Unfriendly to trigger at all. Game was started in .12.34. Oil processing was researched in .12 and Advanced Oil Processing in .13.4.
You need to start a new game, so you can research the basic oil processing. Achivements don't count researches that are done in past games propably on purpose too.
Thought that might be the case. Just confused, because a number of achievements call out a new game is required and that one didn't.

scithen
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by scithen »

I just finished a game last night and started a new one today, both at 0.13.5 (the one I finished might have been started in 0.13.3 or 4, not sure).
I previously had earned Watch Your Step, but also got Smoke Me a Kipper when I launched the rocket. Now it's showing in game
that I haven't earned either of those achievements, and Watch Your Step doesn't have a description at all, much like So Long and Thanks For All the Fish.

Steam is also telling me that I haven't earned either of those despite having all of the rest of the ones I earned - Lazy Bastard, Steam
All the Way, Raining Bullets, and various production ones.

Edit: Added screen snip of schievements. And posted my first picture, too.
Attachments
WYS_SS.JPG
WYS_SS.JPG (26.15 KiB) Viewed 9126 times

Zaflis
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zaflis »

Try re-launching the rocket? I have "Smoke Me a Kipper" in steam after doing it in 0.13.5. "Watch your step" however is not even appearing earned ingame. Both ingame and steam says 14 earned, so they are in sync so far.

Xeorm
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Xeorm »

Achievement text for Solaris mentions three conditions:
Steam engines are excluded.
10GJ are produced
last_hour_only.

Given that the wording is similar to other exclusion achievements, you likely need to make sure there are no steam-engines anywhere. Destroy em all, then play for an hour+ and generate the energy. Might be bugged by becoming impossible as soon as you build the first steam engine, but maybe not.

KatherineOfSky
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by KatherineOfSky »

Xeorm wrote:Achievement text for Solaris mentions three conditions:
Steam engines are excluded.
10GJ are produced
last_hour_only.

Given that the wording is similar to other exclusion achievements, you likely need to make sure there are no steam-engines anywhere. Destroy em all, then play for an hour+ and generate the energy. Might be bugged by becoming impossible as soon as you build the first steam engine, but maybe not.
Nowhere does it say "last hour only". The achievement text says: "Produce more than 10GJ per hour without the usage of steam engine."

Also, if you read any of the posts, you would see that all of us have removed steam engines from out games, and we are all producing more than sufficient energy.

If steam engines are completely forbidden, as you mentioned, it would be nearly impossible to achieve, since you need many technologies before getting solar panels... unless the devs intend for us to hand-craft pretty much everything in the game until that point.
Tutorials, wild playthroughs, and more! https://www.youtube.com/@KatherineOfSky

xR1C0x
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by xR1C0x »

Try it
tough achivements
"There is no Spoon - Finish the Game in 8 Hours",
"Smoke me a kipper, I'll be back for breakfast" - Finish the Game
"No time for chit-chat - Finish the Game in 15 Hours"

Vanilla + no peace mode.

http://steamcommunity.com/sharedfiles/f ... =731569369

MnHebi
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MnHebi »

The train one seems to be tied to the position of the moon and the amount of werewolves active, cause on one server I got tons of achievements like Iron Throne, Solaris etc just by joining, but getting run over by a train 10 times during my stay there did nothing. Next few weeks I spent my time on servers, getting run over by trains occasionally and nothing, then finally on one server it triggered..

OdinYggd
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OdinYggd »

MnHebi wrote:The train one seems to be tied to the position of the moon and the amount of werewolves active, cause on one server I got tons of achievements like Iron Throne, Solaris etc just by joining, but getting run over by a train 10 times during my stay there did nothing. Next few weeks I spent my time on servers, getting run over by trains occasionally and nothing, then finally on one server it triggered..
It was bugged when it was implemented, and I think was 0.13.7 that actually had it working again.

Also if you use any console codes or mods, the achievements will not be transferred to steam even if they are earned in-game.
In my mind, Steam is the eternal king of the railway.

DRY411S
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DRY411S »

I have achievements that show up in the game, but don't always transfer to Steam.

Research Oil Processing. That triggered in game yonks ago, but has not transferred to Steam
Solaris. Ditto.

Just now: Research All Technologies. This is a real pain. I had the same map playing for *ever* to get this in game, but it did not transfer to Steam. A couple of play hours before, on exactly the same map, I achieved the Circuit Veteran 2, which did get added to Steam.
gameachievements.PNG
gameachievements.PNG (202.78 KiB) Viewed 8840 times
SteamAchievements.PNG
SteamAchievements.PNG (143.73 KiB) Viewed 8840 times

Neemys
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Neemys »

You have mod activated on the save ? You can't have steam achievement with mod. You launched the game via steam ?

Factorio is up to date ? those problem where fixes some version ago.
Want more space restriction ? Or maybe you want to be forced to use train for other thing than ore and oil ? Try Building Platform Mod !

Zonk
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Zonk »

Steam Achievements dont work with Mods, (any) LUA commands, pre edited Maps but i dont know about version jumps 12.x->14.x.

Return to “General discussion”