new concrete graphic?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

new concrete graphic?

Post by devilwarriors »

I thought 0.13 was suppose to bring the new concrete graphic that they talked about in that FFF? were did that went?

https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-120

kinnom
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: new concrete graphic?

Post by kinnom »

People complained that the new style was not-factorio, which is the worst type of style to be.
no yes yes no yes no yes yes

Jarin
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Jarin »

I'm still really hoping for diagonal corners at some point. I'm tired of having to border all my roads with stone brick to avoid giant jaggies.

Edit: I looked in the comment thread for that FF article, and found exactly one person complaining about the style, and lots of people that loved it. I'm thinking there had to have been some other issue?

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

kinnom wrote:People complained that the new style was not-factorio, which is the worst type of style to be.
Weird when I first saw it I thought it was very factorio looking. The current concrete graphic look like a 3 years old opened photoshop and rushed them in 10 minutes.

Really hope they change them in the future.
Last edited by devilwarriors on Thu Jun 30, 2016 7:03 pm, edited 1 time in total.

MrGrim
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by MrGrim »

I almost wish I hadn't seen this. That concrete looks so much nicer than the current in game stuff! Maybe we could convince the devs to release it as a modders asset?

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by devilwarriors »

MrGrim wrote:I almost wish I hadn't seen this. That concrete looks so much nicer than the current in game stuff! Maybe we could convince the devs to release it as a modders asset?
I know right.. it's been 6 months since I've seen that majestic concrete and I still can't get it out of my head.. so disappointing that it wasn't added to the game :(

I hope they release it as a mod too.
Last edited by devilwarriors on Thu Jun 30, 2016 8:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

kinnom wrote:People complained that the new style was not-factorio, which is the worst type of style to be.
Nonsense. These look much better than the current ones. So why aren't they included?

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

They look better than current one and i think they fit factorio pretty well.

Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bizz Keryear »

The is an really easy way to fix that, leave the old in and add the new one.
And since those are pure decorative, I suggest you have only to produce one type and decide what it will look like when you place it.
Though I have no idea how to implement it. (intermediate solution ... have a few more types of it)

I don't understand why no one has come up with this solution earlier ... it is simple and so everyone can be happy. Those who got so used the old concrete that they come to love it ... and those who like a different style.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Bizz Keryear wrote:The is an really easy way to fix that, leave the old in and add the new one.
And since those are pure decorative, I suggest you have only to produce one type and decide what it will look like when you place it.
Though I have no idea how to implement it. (intermediate solution ... have a few more types of it)

I don't understand why no one has come up with this solution earlier ... it is simple and so everyone can be happy. Those who got so used the old concrete that they come to love it ... and those who like a different style.
Completely unnecessary. Just add in the ones shown in the blog post and everyone is happy :D

Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bizz Keryear »

Zeblote wrote:
Bizz Keryear wrote:The is an really easy way to fix that, leave the old in and add the new one.

Completely unnecessary. Just add in the ones shown in the blog post and everyone is happy :D
Except the one that bitched soo long till the new ones weren't added.

Edit: And don't be stupid more is better. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=gAjR4_CbPpQ

Formal Rice Farmer
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Formal Rice Farmer »

i had a nightmare that factorio didn't add the new concrete art and woke up in a cold sweat, please tell me it was just a dream

Bizz Keryear
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Bizz Keryear »

Formal Rice Farmer wrote:i had a nightmare that factorio didn't add the new concrete art and woke up in a cold sweat, please tell me it was just a dream
The nightmare is going on ... wooohooo [best impersonation of ghostly sounds I can make] ... you just dreamed to be waking up...

taiiat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by taiiat »

that looks almost Factorio, just need to 'dirty' up the appearance of it a bit, just like how the current Concrete has varying scratches, stains, and Et Cetera on it.

Return to “General discussion”