What is your most anticipated feature in Factorio 0.13?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.

What is your most anticipated feature in 0.13?

Train Graphics
2%
Train being same size vertically and horizontally
9%
Rail Building
16%
Underground conveyers and pipes acting like power poles
5%
Mod Portal
12%
Better Circuit Network
35%
Rapid Inserter
7%
Fire Spreading through forests
5%
Flamethrower Rework
3%
Blueprints now copy over Modules
5%

Total votes: 98

ToxicTiger
Inserter
Inserter

What is your most anticipated feature in Factorio 0.13?

Post by ToxicTiger »

Factorio 0.13 is coming out soon. What is your most anticipated feature coming out in Factorio 0.13? If there is something I missed in the poll above you can comment down below. Personally I am excited most for the rail laying.
Last edited by ToxicTiger on Thu Jun 16, 2016 7:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.
I like trains.

devilwarriors
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: What is your most anticipated feature in Factorio 0.13?

Post by devilwarriors »

The installer :P

edit: your missing the flamethrower rework and fire that can spread through forests as well as flamethrower turrets (please tell me they did not move that to 0.14 too :S).

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

Modules supported by blueprints (that will be included right?)

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

Rail building is hands down the feature I'm most looking forward to. Currently, I use FARL to do all my straight sections and then do the curves manually. On the curves, it is always such a huge pain because there is always a piece or two I end up overlapping and need to remove. I do that and then accidentally remove the curved piece. Then also, there is trying to make my curves maintain the same distance as the straight sections when I lay track in parallel. That is an even larger pain. In addition, there is the annoyance when you run out of curved track and have to go back and make more. Or, what if you are trying to make maybe 200 curved and the rest straight. But you goof and make 2,000 curved instead. Also, there is just the general pain--whether doing it manually, using FARL or using blueprints of making sure you make the track go from point A to point B. There is nothing quite so annoying as laying a new section and then missing alignment by just one space at the very end. You have to remove all the track and do it again. I just can't tell you how much I'm looking forward to rail building in 0.13!!

ToxicTiger
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ToxicTiger »

While I was editing this to include the feature that you guys listed below it deleted the poll results.
So sorry.
I like trains.

sparr
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sparr »

Edit deletes poll results? That's terrible.

If not... you should add "new mod API features". I am very eager to get access to a whole bunch of entity prototype data and other game engine stuff for writing better mods with.

BlakeMW
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by BlakeMW »

Honestly? Achievements. I know that achievements don't add anything to the gameplay but they add goals. The gameplay feature I most anticipate is the rapid inserter as it makes new build possibilities and change the dynamics between belt/rail/logistic bots.

The quality of life features (rail laying, pipe laying) I don't care that much about, and I suspect the flamethrower stuff will be gimmicky unless the flamethrower weaponry matches the range of spitters or the AI overhaul causes long-range turrets to prioritize spitters.

searker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by searker »

I dont think i´ll use the flamethrower in combat that often, but it should prove useful for clearing away forests - Either because you dont want to use bots or just dont care about the wood.

silverkitty23
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by silverkitty23 »

blueprint manager. I have so many right now, and I keep them organized by using a bunch of different chests :/

NoriSilverrage
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by NoriSilverrage »

That's really tough. But I would order them thus:
  • Circuit network - Some amazing changes here and will eliminate the need for a lot of different mods
    Blueprint book - So needed!
    Rail changes - very welcome
    Other Train Changes - For instance the new station and logic options
    Rapid Inserter - Seems legit and I like
    Flame Turret - More options is nice.

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kewlhotrod »

blueprint book

Miravlix
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Miravlix »

Where is the all of the above choice?

The individual changes is evolution, and while that's a good thing<tm>, evolution isn't all that exciting on an item by item basis, but getting it all at once, resulting in significant gameplay changes, is very interesting.

sekanz
Inserter
Inserter

Post by sekanz »

Electric switch! :mrgreen:

British_Petroleum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by British_Petroleum »

Very excited about the blueprint book, electric switch, & connecting more things to the circuit network :D

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Wish I could select more than one. Haha
For me ts probably the rail building, mod portal, better multiplayer connecting, and the underground pipe and conveyer placing like power poles. That one will be amazing and make running long distance piping anyway easier.:D
Image Image Image

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

The big think is if the "Rapid Inserter" F-up the game to the pint were in is not fun to play and have to use a mod to fix it! :|

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

I picked "Better Circuit Network" because that's what we have been waiting for almost about a year now and it will probably have the most impact on additional gameplay value.

Most of the others are nice additions/changes too though, except...
Lee_newsum wrote:The big think is if the "Rapid Inserter" F-up the game to the pint were in is not fun to play and have to use a mod to fix it! :|
... that I got a bad feeling about that as well. At least the Rapid Inserters will cause some paradigm shifts throughout certain contraptions...

Especially with Long-Handed inserters not having a Rapid Inserter counterpart, so everything relying on Stack Size Bonus with Long-Handed inserters in 0.12 will utterly suck with 0.13.
Or with contraptions relying on exact 5 items being transfered between machines/chests due to Stack Size Bonus, f.e. Bot-based Smart Furnace stuff for Steel/Stone.
Both won't be do-able anymore, at least not without mods.

I see it coming that these Rapid Inserter problems will almost beg for another Re-Work/Change of the Inserters coming with 0.14 or 0.15 because of how certain functionality is basically being removed without replacement.

In my opinion they should have gone with a 2x1 Loader item that can be plopped on top of a Belt and items running through the Loader from one side to the other, while the Loader keeps buffer stacks that can be manipulated (input/output) with Inserters or circuit network signals.

But yeah... certain people reasoned that Loaders would suck, while I reason that Rapid Inserters suck. But then again it is almost ironic that neither Rapid Inserters/Loaders are really needed in the first place and that their addition is just for the sake of it. Not everyone can be pleased.

Anyways... let's see how this one works out.

TN_Creator
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by TN_Creator »

flame-thrower turrets :twisted:

Return to “General discussion”