Don't tell the U.S, but...

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Raizune
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Don't tell the U.S, but...

Post by Raizune »

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Don't tell the U.S, but...

Post by Smarty »

:shock:

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kewlhotrod »

i'm not the US, but I have for some weird reason the desire to invade you .. price of oil is petty high these days :twisted:

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

Kewlhotrod wrote:i'm not the US, but I have for some weird reason the desire to invade you .. price of oil is petty high these days :twisted:
Actually, price for oil is really low these days :lol:
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

Frightning
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Frightning »

I've gotten many similarly large deposits from setting the mapgen to very low frequency but very big size and very good richness (so they also are typically each >500% yield, and sometimes even over 1000%).

taiiat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by taiiat »

damn son, that's a lot of Oil.
a few of those points even look close enough together that i don't think you can fit Pumps on all of them?
aka13 wrote:Actually, price for oil is really low these days :lol:
only temporarily, though. the Middle East will start artificially slowing the production again sometime.

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kewlhotrod »

aka13 wrote: Actually, price for oil is really low these days :lol:
sit on it for awhile, considering the world is run on it :P

Hamster
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Hamster »

I think you need "freedom". :twisted:

Ranakastrasz
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Ranakastrasz »

taiiat wrote:damn son, that's a lot of Oil.
a few of those points even look close enough together that i don't think you can fit Pumps on all of them?
No, they always have a 5x5 area around them with no resources.

The question however, is whether or not you can fit the pipes to extract all the oil. It will be a tangled mess at the minimum, but it is at least theoretically possible for an oil puddle to have all 4 possible output slots blocked.

Now the fun part is setting up the pipes, and better yet, the Beacons!. How many can you fit around each one?
My Mods:
Modular Armor Revamp - V16
Large Chests - V16
Agent Orange - V16
Flare - V16
Easy Refineries - V16

golfmiketango
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by golfmiketango »

I'm told that's what Oman looks like from a helicopter :)

OdinYggd
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by OdinYggd »

taiiat wrote:damn son, that's a lot of Oil.
Even just a normal looking oil spawn of like 5 well sites close together the pipes turn into quite a tangle.
And with that many wells together will you even be able to get enough flow through a pipe and tank network to actually use all of them at once?

What about the beacons? I boosted one of my wells up to 180% production rate, which was interesting, but is that really worthwhile to do?

taiiat wrote:
aka13 wrote:Actually, price for oil is really low these days :lol:
only temporarily, though. the Middle East will start artificially slowing the production again sometime.
They already did and it stayed low.

10 years ago the prices were absurd, so we started making new wells and connecting them to the grid.

Well, now all those wells are finally entering full production. And flooding the market with fresh resource in abundance. So the prices crashed. And the companies that made the wells hoping to get rich are in a panic- because the drop in price means they might not be able to pay the loans they took out to make those wells.

Its a fascinating situation that has happened. And certainly a relief to the tortured citizens who were paying twice as much for a gallon of gas as they were for a gallon of milk.
In my mind, Steam is the eternal king of the railway.

searker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by searker »

OdinYggd wrote:What about the beacons? I boosted one of my wells up to 180% production rate, which was interesting, but is that really worthwhile to do?
That depends. If you want to supply your base by your current wells and dont plan to add more in the near future, it is.
If you want / like to add more wells, it might not be.

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

Can we get the map exchange string PLZ?

taiiat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by taiiat »

Ranakastrasz wrote:No, they always have a 5x5 area around them with no resources.

The question however, is whether or not you can fit the pipes to extract all the oil. It will be a tangled mess at the minimum, but it is at least theoretically possible for an oil puddle to have all 4 possible output slots blocked.
you say it is impossible, then proceed to explain exactly what i was thinking, and why it IS possible.
OdinYggd wrote:They already did and it stayed low.

a relief to the tortured citizens who were paying twice as much for a gallon of gas as they were for a gallon of milk.
that region is still the largest producer. if they slow down, supply slows down. but they are not the only producer, so if they slow down, it may take some time before we see the ripple from it.

uhh, in America(atleast in New England) the price for Milk and Gasoline was about the same per Gallon, before this happened. 4 bucks and some change per Gallon.

Return to “General discussion”