Versions compatibility

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Versions compatibility

Post by LazyLoneLion »

As far as I understand, after updating to the version 13, my old savegames will not be playable.

How do you cope with this, people? Do you install new Factorio to another folder or what?

Oxyd
Former Staff
Former Staff

Re: Versions compatibility

Post by Oxyd »

Your understanding is incorrect. 0.13 will load all saves made in version 0.10.0 and newer. (Barring bugs.)

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

Really glad to hear that my understanding is incorrect this time! :)
Last edited by LazyLoneLion on Fri Jun 03, 2016 2:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

searker
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by searker »

However, if you use Mods, they might break or cause your savegame to get corrupted.

Personally, i copy my whole Factorio-Folder before updating (even on the small 0.X.X updates). That way, i have a complete (playable) backup of my current instance including mods and saves and dont have to worry about any possible errors/corruptions that might occur.

Even if youre using no mods, i´d advise you to create a backup of your savegame(-s) before updating - better be safe than sorry ;)

Btw.: Even though i´m cautious with my saves, i havent had any corrupt saves so far.

LazyLoneLion
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by LazyLoneLion »

searker wrote: That way, i have a complete (playable) backup of my current instance including mods and saves and dont have to worry about any possible errors/corruptions that might occur.
Good to know, thank you. Suppose I will do the same.

Mangledpork
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Mangledpork »

I've got saves from 0.8 running in 0.12 no problem (except the recipe changes ruining my factory design. They didn't even have oil back then!).

Return to “General discussion”