Extended Inventory MOD is required if you use blueprints!

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Extended Inventory MOD is required if you use blueprints!

Post by garath »

Still a relatively new player. I just started using blueprints for everything. I use them for solar power, accumulators, train loading, train unloading and recently even started using them for my roboports (to clear away the transport belt on the main bus that I'll replace with underground belt. Then, I started using them for my rail road turnarounds, the straight piece and the angle pieces. Oh wow! Using blueprints with the angle pieces is awesome! My inventory space started getting pretty full. I think I was up to maybe ten blueprint objects. If I didn't have the extended inventory mod that doubles my inventory space, I would have been absolutely lost. Even with double the inventory space, at one point, I dropped everything to make room to pick up a section of my base and move it somewhere else. I dropped a half dozen blueprints in a box somewhere. Maybe by Christmas 2017, I will find that box again. *sigh* Sad I was when I had to rebuild all those blue prints from scratch. I'm definitely looking forward to the new version with the blueprint manager! I hope blueprints will take up a lot less space!!

Shokubai
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Extended Inventory MOD is required if you use blueprints!

Post by Shokubai »

I use Foreman for blueprint as it is. This way I only ever need one.

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

Shokubai wrote:I use Foreman for blueprint as it is. This way I only ever need one.
The funny thing is I have Foreman installed but just haven't figured it out yet. The same for FARL. I use FARL to automatically clear trees when laying one lane of my rail network. But I haven't figured out how to make it lay two tracks side by side. This week, I'll go back and watch the excellent mod spotlight videos on YouTube by Xterminator to help me figure it all out.

imajor
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by imajor »

I believe that in 0.13 there will be a solution for this.

garath
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by garath »

imajor wrote:I believe that in 0.13 there will be a solution for this.
Indeed, you are quite correct. Thus, I may postpone learning how the Foreman mod works and wait for the 0.13 release. I searched through the last few Friday updates and found one that lists a TON of awesomely cool stuff hopefully coming in 0.13:

https://www.factorio.com/blog/post/fff-131

Return to “General discussion”