circuit network to alter electricity consumption

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Instructor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

circuit network to alter electricity consumption

Post by Instructor »

Have anyone managed to use a circuit network to alter or make use of electricity?

I'm thinking about drafting an experimenting network that:

1. Will consume electricity in the the priority of Solar Panels > Accumulators > Steam Engines.
2. Will recharge Accumulators by Solar Panels alone, and not Steam Engines.

* It is different from the default electricity priority by using Accumulators to their fullest before Steam Engines start running and not recharging them until Solar Panels can draw electricity to spare, taking priority over Steam Engines. It is a step instead of removing them, keeping Steam Engines as backup only.

Not too sure how to go about it yet. I'm thinking Smart Inserter (Circuit connected) into Boiler, not fuel it until accumulators are nearly depleted, but I'm not sure what Circuit condition will it require. It will effectively leave the Boiler without fuel until all Accumulators capacity runs out, if at all.

I'm also not sure how to control the recharge of Accumulators either.

Anyone with thoughts or suggestions?

The only circuit network I've built was made to turn on a Water Pump when a Storage Tank goes beyond 2000 units.

Terukio
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: circuit network to alter electricity consumption

Post by Terukio »

Take a look at this wiki page: https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... priorities

It shows a couple different ways of accomplishing what you want. I have only tried the "old" way as this wiki states, but it worked!

Instructor
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: circuit network to alter electricity consumption

Post by Instructor »

I appreciate the lead! It seems this discussion have been around for a long time before I started playing.

Return to “General discussion”