Some new ideias

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
sanchezlacerda
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Some new ideias

Post by sanchezlacerda »

Hello, first of all, english is not my native language so, please, be patient and lets get focus on the concept. Thanks.

I was thinking about the RPG role of the game. Like getting levels by making stuff manually or even the machines getting some bonuses as they assemble a lot of itens over time.

Examples could be: Mining 20 iron ores will level you by 1 in iron ores, which gives you 1% in reduction of melting iron ores in furnaces. 100 assemble itens created by assemble machines gives it 1% reduction on eletricity consumption and 1% reduction time of assembling. Killing 30 bitters gives you 1% more damage.

I don't know about the numbers, I just giving an ideia.

The main thing is to keep the player playing for the efficiency, doesn't it ? So, why will you finish the game before ALL your machine aren't at top level ? And, let's hunt alliens they GIVE exp, and exp gives levels that (if there is a skill tree) I can choose what to improve (logistic, military, etc).

And so on, thinking this way for all the itens in the game. And of course making a super screen with all the bonuses achieved, that would be awesome.

The thing about the machines getting levels is for we think if is worth to change an old assemble machine 1 level 20 for a new assemble machine 2 level 0. And, for scaling the difficulty I thought in adding the need of lubricating the machinery over time, if it isn't lubricated it will consume more power e get slow. So, you need to create lubricate cans and apply it on the machines, of course we will have robots to do that on mid-late game.

I loved the game, and I don't want to win the game, I want to live on it.

Doing this, the game will get even more interesting, it will become the best game ever created, AGAIN.

ArchJudge
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Some new ideias

Post by ArchJudge »

I'm not sure I read your post correctly, but it seems to me you described the science subsystem in Factorio

Also there is Cursed Exp mod
I love the smell of concrete paving robots in the morning .... it smells like Factorio

ssilk
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Some new ideias

Post by ssilk »

Please use the suggestions board to make suggestions. :)
Cool suggestion: Eatable MOUSE-pointers.
Have you used the Advanced Search today?
Need help, question? FAQ - Wiki - Forum help
I still like small signatures...

Return to “General discussion”