CO-OP/PvP - New vs Experienced player

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Qloshae
Inserter
Inserter

CO-OP/PvP - New vs Experienced player

Post by Qloshae »

So, me and a friend are playing factorio. Problem is that I know my stuff a lot better than he does.
To make it clear, when he got his oil up and running, I was making my first power armor.
That round was in PvP. So it kinda got frustrating when I was pretty much done with laser turrets around my entire base to defend against biters and he just had a small area with a wall.

Does anyone have any idea of a challenge that could make it more interesting?
I was thinking of me only focusing on mining and him only on crafting, but that might get a bit boring.

Qloshae
Inserter
Inserter

Re: CO-OP/PvP - New vs Experienced player

Post by Qloshae »

I will probably do a factorio towns type challenge.
Each area only making 1 type of item and they need to be about 50 rails apart.
I say rails because all of them will be connected with rails. Rails rails rails. :D

StarFox31
Inserter
Inserter

Post by StarFox31 »

Just teach him as you both play. Explain a roboport logistics system, tell him what needs to be done, then have him set it up. If it doesn't work see what needs to be fixed and then tell him how to fix it.

Just do this for everything and pretty soon you will both be able to co-build a big factory.

Qloshae
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Qloshae »

StarFox31 wrote:Just teach him as you both play. Explain a roboport logistics system, tell him what needs to be done, then have him set it up. If it doesn't work see what needs to be fixed and then tell him how to fix it.

Just do this for everything and pretty soon you will both be able to co-build a big factory.
We started like that tho, but it ended with him getting bored because he didn't get it.
When he was on his own he figured loads of stuff out on his own.
Biggest disadvantage for him is that he doesn't look on the internet for good ideas of say, building solar plants or green circuit production.
I however enjoy sitting for 3 or 4 hours straight watching let's plays on youtube and looking around for different smart designs.
I have to at points given him those blueprints so he could do it himself, but he simply lags really far behind due to lack of experience and some bad choices. I mean, he got his tank before I did with automatic ammo production, but by that time I had a mk2 armor and it took me 10 minutes to do what took him an hour or so.

StarFox31
Inserter
Inserter

Post by StarFox31 »

Qloshae wrote:
StarFox31 wrote:Just teach him as you both play. Explain a roboport logistics system, tell him what needs to be done, then have him set it up. If it doesn't work see what needs to be fixed and then tell him how to fix it.

We started like that tho, but it ended with him getting bored because he didn't get it.
When he was on his own he figured loads of stuff out on his own.
Biggest disadvantage for him is that he doesn't look on the internet for good ideas of say, building solar plants or green circuit production.
I however enjoy sitting for 3 or 4 hours straight watching let's plays on youtube and looking around for different smart designs.
I have to at points given him those blueprints so he could do it himself, but he simply lags really far behind due to lack of experience and some bad choices. I mean, he got his tank before I did with automatic ammo production, but by that time I had a mk2 armor and it took me 10 minutes to do what took him an hour or so.
It sounds like he needs to play on his own for a while then. Or maybe the game just isn't a good fit for him.

Return to “General discussion”