Awesome game devs

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Xerath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Awesome game devs

Post by Xerath »

Hey, just wanted to stop by and give my two cents. I had posted awhile ago asking for opinions on the game, got a nice reply or two, but I couldn't purchase the full game due to really not liking paypal. Since then, (a few months) I finally got the game since my gf picked it up for me. I think it is really good, it captures that desire to optimize, scale, and expand that I think is part of human nature. And it's really fun too! So, great job devs... I hope you can get this moved from green light concepts into early access, I think you would get a huge increase in revenue.

2 quick questions regarding the game,

1. What does the radar do in sandbox/free play mode?
2. When 9.x becomes the stable release, what should a noob know about the development of the oil industry?

Thanks!

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Re: Awesome game devs

Post by kovarex »

Xerath wrote:I finally got the game since my gf picked it up for me.
It is a keeper :)
Xerath wrote:I hope you can get this moved from green light concepts into early access, I think you would get a huge increase in revenue.
Would be nice, but we want to have polished product by that time.

Xerath wrote: 1. What does the radar do in sandbox/free play mode?
Yes: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... itle=Radar
Xerath wrote: 2. When 9.x becomes the stable release, what should a noob know about the development of the oil industry?
It is impossible to predict, we will release the first bugfix pack today, but lot of things are not fixed (campaigns, smaller bugs, undiscovered bugs, bugs created while fixing other bug, you know :) )

Zourin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zourin »

kovarex wrote: It is impossible to predict, we will release the first bugfix pack today, but lot of things are not fixed (campaigns, smaller bugs, undiscovered bugs, bugs created while fixing other bug, you know :) )
Such is the life of every creator. The work is never truly finished, only worked to a point of diminished returns.

Xerath
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Xerath »

Hehe, sorry I did not mean when the stable release will be, more so now that oil is a part of the economy, when I switch versions what should I expect.

@zourin hopefully our enthusiasm will offset those eventual diminishing returns lol.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

Xerath wrote:Hehe, sorry I did not mean when the stable release will be, more so now that oil is a part of the economy, when I switch versions what should I expect.

@zourin hopefully our enthusiasm will offset those eventual diminishing returns lol.
The main motivation is our inner greed for perfection :)

Darthlawsuit
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Darthlawsuit »

Zourin wrote:
kovarex wrote: It is impossible to predict, we will release the first bugfix pack today, but lot of things are not fixed (campaigns, smaller bugs, undiscovered bugs, bugs created while fixing other bug, you know :) )
Such is the life of every creator. The work is never truly finished, only worked to a point of diminished returns.
This is why DLC was invented. I hope factorio keeps releasing DLC/expansions after the finished product so that bugs can continue to be fixed and he can keep developing this till it is polished so well he can't think of anything else to add.

Sedado77
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Sedado77 »

I think DLC is not the way... In a game like this, i think it's more reliable to ask for donations after the purchase than DLC... I would donate more than once, since this game keeps getting better and better... but one wouldn't but the same DLC more than once...
Also some pple are against DLC 'cause (imagine this scenario) if some bug was found and you NEED to BUY a DLC pack to fix it, it would feel like you're ramsomed into buying it...
I am all for supporting the devs, don't get me wrong, but i think it would be counter-productive...

MaxStrategy
Inserter
Inserter

Post by MaxStrategy »

I think your gf is trying to tell you to spend less time with her.

jk you are a lucky man :D

Return to “General discussion”