Robo ports

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
666JTK666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Robo ports

Post by 666JTK666 »

starting to fiddle with drones, is there a way for the roboports to filter what drones they will take. ?
if not in vanella is there a mod to allow a roboport to filter ?
thx.

WhatheWorld
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Robo ports

Post by WhatheWorld »

666JTK666 wrote:starting to fiddle with drones, is there a way for the roboports to filter what drones they will take. ?
thx.

There is no way to filter in vanella and I do not think there is a mod to do it. I dont see why you would want to. If you could give a reason why you would want to there might be a way around it.
Author of Personal Teleporter

666JTK666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 666JTK666 »

WhatheWorld wrote:
666JTK666 wrote:starting to fiddle with drones, is there a way for the roboports to filter what drones they will take. ?
thx.

There is no way to filter in vanella and I do not think there is a mod to do it. I dont see why you would want to. If you could give a reason why you would want to there might be a way around it.

hi, the reason is to even out the distribution of drones per roboport, I have found that some roboports will be filled up with either one type or the other cause ing long flight times from across the base to do things more then ocasionally. with roboports that can filter there will always be some of the right type close where they need to be. if a mod is required it would be nice to get an even number of drone stacks instead of having to put up with uneven distribution of drones, Idealy at least in my head a 50/50 stock filter would be set when the roboport gets ploped down where ever.

Gnarflord
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gnarflord »

Wait, you're actually using all 8 ports of a roboport? Are you sure you need all of those ports? In my experience you don't need more than 5 stacks of construction robots in the whole factory. But when you really want to sort the robots you could set up an inserter which takes out all of the robots like every five minutes and puts them into an active provider chest. Then you can activate two smart inserters which grab the desired bots from a requester chest... But that's all just theory. Hm, I will actually try to build this as soon as I have access to my main pc.
“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.” - Terry Pratchett

666JTK666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 666JTK666 »

Um I am not supposed to use all the stacks ? and vanilla I see only 7 stacks. per roboport

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

there is no need to fully fill up every roboport.

nobodx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by nobodx »

Robots tend to stay at/near the Roboport, where they'll needed most of the time.
If you have many items to be dropped at the southern part of your base, they'll try to find a home there.

Apart from this, drones are meant for short range transport, don't send them across the entire map.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

A roboport can only realistically handle maybe 2 or 3 full slots of active drones. The 4 charging stations can't handle any more so extra drones will simply pile up waiting to be filled.

nobodx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by nobodx »

In high traffic areas, place multiple Roboports and the drones will distribute (almost) equally.

In my main depot, I have 2k logistic drones, handling the un-/loading of the trains, backed up by 20-30 Roboports.

ilostmahbucket
Inserter
Inserter

Post by ilostmahbucket »

You could have a smaller, separate logistic network of only a fewe roboports that aren't connected to the main system and have only one type of robot that you've manually put in them. May not work for you due to space constraints but that's a solution.

Return to “General discussion”