Way to get interesting map ?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
AcolyteOfRocket
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Way to get interesting map ?

Post by AcolyteOfRocket »

Hey..

So I bought factorio from Steam and I've been rather hooked.

But I've started to want to do map exploration in my power suit and expedition train, and the map looks all a bit samey.

Lakes about the same size every so often, resources about the same size every so often, about the most exiting thing I discover is two deposits of the same kind vaguely close to each other that I might tap from a single train station.

I know that all average settings would make me play with boring resources in and near my start area but I was hoping for _some_ variation as I wandered out further.

But all the biter-killing grind is resulting in a bit meh as far as the map is concerned.

Any advice on how to get a bit of variation in map from the settings ? (assuming I start new)

I have been playing normal everything, biters on.

taiiat
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Way to get interesting map ?

Post by taiiat »

i think terrain looks more interesting if you increase Terrain Segmentation. makes biomes 'tile' more, and to me it makes the terrain seem more varied. harder to build on as well, so makes your factories end up looking more interesting as well.

AcolyteOfRocket
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by AcolyteOfRocket »

Won't Terrain segmentation fragment the ore deposits ?

Re-tweaking tapped out deposits is a bit boring IMHO. I don't want every deposit to be huge, but I would like to be able to find a huge one once in a while, even if its under a mountain of (soon to be dead) biters.

waduk
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by waduk »

Return to “General discussion”