Access normal installation files after steam purchase

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
basdej
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Access normal installation files after steam purchase

Post by basdej »

Hi,

I just bought Factorio on Steam, but i would like to run a server, however i cannot seem to activate my copy on the factorio site to access the normal installer files, instead of the steam version. How can i add my steam purchase to the factorio site to access it? Or is there another way to do this?

Kind regards,

Basdej

Gnarflord
Inserter
Inserter

Re: Access normal installation files after steam purchase

Post by Gnarflord »

The devs made the server file downloadable for everybody, you can get it on their homepage
(it's this little link under the giant yellow button labelled "Try demo")

Also have this link if you're too lazy to click your way through the page: https://www.factorio.com/download-headless/stable
BTW the headless server is only for linux.
“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.” - Terry Pratchett

Phillip_Lynx
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Phillip_Lynx »

ANd the devs are working on the issue that the steambuyers can sometime get acces to the versions on their site, but it takes a while.

basdej
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by basdej »

Gnarflord wrote:The devs made the server file downloadable for everybody, you can get it on their homepage
(it's this little link under the giant yellow button labelled "Try demo")

Also have this link if you're too lazy to click your way through the page: https://www.factorio.com/download-headless/stable
BTW the headless server is only for linux.

Thanks for the reply, i want to run a Windows server, thats why i want to see where the files are located.

basdej
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by basdej »

Phillip_Lynx wrote:ANd the devs are working on the issue that the steambuyers can sometime get acces to the versions on their site, but it takes a while.
Ok thanks, is there a link you could send me in the meantime?

Gnarflord
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Gnarflord »

Well the version of the website should be the the same as the steam version so I assume that you already have the files :D Just check out C:\Program Files\Steam\SteamApps\ (or C:\Program Files(x86)\Steam\SteamApps\ if you're on 64-bit)
There you will (hopefully) find the factorio folder. No need to get website access. Also there are detailed instructions for setting up a server in the factorio wiki: https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... ess_server
It states that you can turn every factorio instance into a factorio server by starting it with the commandline option "--start-server".

Good Luck!
“Build a man a fire, and he'll be warm for a day. Set a man on fire, and he'll be warm for the rest of his life.” - Terry Pratchett

Return to “General discussion”