SILVER????

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Likwid
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

SILVER????

Post by Likwid »

Just wondering,

Factorio is awesome, I feel like there can be a lot of different additions to the game since
loving the sandbox
!

Is silver going to be added to the game? I mean silver is as integral to electronics as per Almost all electronics are configured with silver.
and i dont know if I am far enough to know there is more stuff, like elevated paths and stuff! :?: :?: :?:

mine more copper! :o

and Recycling would be a great addition too!

ShizukaMiyuki
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: SILVER????

Post by ShizukaMiyuki »

Likwid wrote:Just wondering,

Factorio is awesome, I feel like there can be a lot of different additions to the game since
loving the sandbox
!

Is silver going to be added to the game? I mean silver is as integral to electronics as per Almost all electronics are configured with silver.
and i dont know if I am far enough to know there is more stuff, like elevated paths and stuff! :?: :?: :?:

so is gold, silicon, tantalum, palladium, zinc, bismuth, nickel, antimony, etc.
I don't think Factorio needs more resources to be a great game, I think Iron, Oil, and Copper is sufficient, if they do plan to add another natural resource, Iron and Copper better stay as the base requirements for early and mid game.
Meow, Meow, Meooooow....

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

have a look at this mods viewforum.php?f=95

from Bob's Ore Mod.
"This mod adds new ore fields for the following new ore types: Tin, Silver, Gold, Galena (Lead), Tungsten, Bauxite (Aluminium), Zinc, Rutile (Titanium ore), and Quartz. It also adds the optional ores Nickel, Cobalt and Sulfur configurable in config.lua."
and a lot more

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kewlhotrod »

ShizukaMiyuki wrote: so is gold, silicon, tantalum, palladium, zinc, bismuth, nickel, antimony, etc.
I don't think Factorio needs more resources to be a great game, I think Iron, Oil, and Copper is sufficient, if they do plan to add another natural resource, Iron and Copper better stay as the base requirements for early and mid game.
this pretty much, we've had the same power options for quite awhile now, honestly something new in that department would be a lot more beneficial.

Kazaanh
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Kazaanh »

A new ore could be a late-game ore where you needs it to enter late-late game.

After X research, and maybe placing some geo-tool/machine that will look for that ore and spawn it nearby/unhide ore on the map.

Or maybe some water/underwated ore type, but that would be add another new tier of exploration. Kinda makes sense because once you grind everything from the land you move into the water, to grind ores in water. It would be a great way to add oil platform rigs too with boat-cargo system.

shandrolis
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by shandrolis »

Like other people mentioned, Bobs Ores , like the name suggests, adds a bunch of new ores.

Tbh I find the game awkwardly empty without it lol, I feel it adds more to the game.

pajrc1234
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by pajrc1234 »

ShizukaMiyuki wrote:
Likwid wrote:Just wondering,

loving the sandbox
!

so is gold, silicon, tantalum, palladium, zinc, bismuth, nickel, antimony, etc.
I agree, the game shouldn't start revolving around a new resource, it should just be for something later in the game, or an upgrade to mid/early game.
I think that if they're going to add any more resources, one needs to be gold. It is one of the greatest conductors of electricity.
However, I'm not saying we SHOULD add a new resource, I'm just saying that if we do, gold's one that I'd suggest.

Return to “General discussion”