Mouse double-click issue

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Mouse double-click issue

Post by Targa »

Hey all. I didn't want to post this in the bugs forum just in case it's a weird hardware issue I'm having, but I have an almost brand new Logitech G400s, which works flawlessly UNLESS I'm playing Factorio. When I'm placing things down such as splitters, underground belts, belts, etc... I keep getting the "beep" noise that means I tried to place something on top of an existing item (the "can't go there" sound). It seems the game is acting as if I'm double-clicking rapidly in the same spot. This is especially prevalent when I go to place the first piece of an underground belt. Anyone else have this issue?

starholme
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Mouse double-click issue

Post by starholme »

I've had a similar issue with a bad mouse before. If you have another one around to try, that's easiest.

My oldish laptop has a strange stutter in factorio that causes this as well. You can see the belts and everything stutter at the same time though. I suspect it's video driver related but havn't had time to dig. Want to try the force gl option one of these days at least...

Targa
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Mouse double-click issue

Post by Targa »

After some further testing it seems it's Factorio's "repeat" speed. Like when you hold down a keyboard key when typing, Windows has a time delay before it starts spamming that letter repeatedly. Seems Factorio's delay is about 1/2 a second, so if I hold down the mouse key for a split second too long, I get the error sound.

Return to “General discussion”