Strangest save names

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Joefesok
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Strangest save names

Post by Joefesok »

As it says on the tin, post your strangest save names and a reason why if you can remember.

Mine's probably "adam sandler" because I was busy thinking about nothing special and needed a name for my new save.

Hecter94
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: Strangest save names

Post by Hecter94 »

Ah, without a doubt, my strangest save name has got to be: "fuck im tired".

I'll let you guess why it was named that :P

MalcolmCooks
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by MalcolmCooks »

I usually think of a name of a planet (from fiction or real life) and call my saves after that
so, I've had, Barathrum, Tergiverse, Kepler 22b, Phlebas

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

Nope I have no OCD
Well maybe :lol:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

Chromehound
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Chromehound »

Geez, I just call my saves Home_01 & Work_03 and such...........my creativity went towards music, not naming things lol

MeduSalem
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by MeduSalem »

Mines are probably "Doom 1" "Doom 2" "Doom 3" because of how I set the difficulty settings to maximum and while I was busy improving some setups I forget about the Biter Evolution so it took overhand to the point I couldn't even approach a Biter nest without being instagibbed and I almost couldn't do anything against it because I would have needed Alien Science packs to advance in technology, eventually turning the game into a chicken-and-egg problem.

Though I eventually managed to over come the problem in the Map I called Doom 3... and the name stuck with me. :D

Croissant
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Croissant »

I had one named "bobbyclause." I was experimenting with Bob's mods over Christmas break and came up with this.

nobodx
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by nobodx »

I just press some random keys, or roll my head across the keyboard ;)

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

Most of mine are called "blah [number]"

zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zytukin »

Mine are usually just named with details of the game.

In an unlimited sandbox type of game (Minecraft, I guess this game too), they are just named 'game' or named after the map.
I'll usually only have 1 or 2 saves that I just work on non-stop for years constantly building and expanding
As an example, I started a single player Minecraft world in 2013, it's the only world I've worked in since then and have spent countless hours in it.

The Phoenixian
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Phoenixian »

Let's see. There's "Distrubutism", a map where I tried to set everything far apart and link everything together via trains.

There was a map that was "Oh dear" saved after a bug warped the terrain tileset. (reloading fixed it.)

And "Factory5Revisit" (Would have been "Return to Factory #5" but as we all know, the save names don't like spaces or odd characters) Normally, My saves are numbered in order as either "Campaign[level number]" or Skirmish[game number] but Distrubutism, a base called Scarcity, and Factory5Revisit broke that.
The greatest gulf that we must leap is the gulf between each other's assumptions and conceptions. To argue fairly, we must reach consensus on the meanings and values of basic principles. -Thereisnosaurus

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Mine usually aren't too creative since most are for YT playthroughs so Ijust name after that. But some of my personal ones are things like "supercrazymodsgame", or " screw_this_shit" if I saved when I super pissed about something like being over run by biters. Haha
Image Image Image

Reyals
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Reyals »

I have a save called 'abouttolaunch' when I had finished my first rocket silo and had the satellite ready in my inventory.
My next save is 'iguessnot' when I realized that those requirements were to build just 1% of a rocket lol

Return to “General discussion”