Annoyances associated with Factory building

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Annoyances associated with Factory building

Post by zytukin »

Minor annoyances associated with factory building
Not game bugs or issues, just minor things that pertain to building and running a factory.

-Taking a car/tank for a drive outside of your factory but forgetting to take extra fuel and running out in the middle of a desert, having to chop trees to get back
-Somehow ending up with an odd number of underground pipes/conveyors (my OCD hates this, lol)
-Building a new conveyor/pipe for some new buildings and ending up just a few pieces to few
-forgetting that tank/car steering is different from character movement and taking out some buildings in your base when driving south and wanting to steer left or right

ShizukaMiyuki
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Annoyances associated with Factory building

Post by ShizukaMiyuki »

Does this also include player mistakes? if so one of the problems I had to deal with today was why Iron was on my Circuit Belt Bus, spent hours looking for the culprit, just to find out one of the belts from the assemblers that was creating circuits was pushing iron into the belt -_-
Meow, Meow, Meooooow....

zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zytukin »

I think it does.

I had all my steam engines shut down yesterday. Ran all over trying to figure out why solid fuel wasn't getting to the boilers.
Plenty of water. Pumpjacks had good sources. Chem labs weren't running. Storage tanks were empty. Refineries were full of light oil. wtf.

turned out one piece of pipe was missing between the Refineries and the light oil storage tanks.
I either removed it by mistake or hit it with my tank while driving by and didn't notice.

zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zytukin »

Another one:

Forgetting that you placed an electric mine in the middle of a road to get rid of some ore and accidentally running over it with a tank :P

spaz_marine
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by spaz_marine »

I was using all steam engines with solid fuel for power but when the power dropped I though it as my laser turrets turns out i ran out of fuel and had to make a entire train system before I ran out of power to get more oil to my refineries.

Zeblote
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Zeblote »

robots from your personal roboport flying to fix something while on a train

Chromehound
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Chromehound »

zytukin wrote:-forgetting that tank/car steering is different from character movement and taking out some buildings in your base when driving south and wanting to steer left or right
I finally built my first tank and was all happy........10 seconds later I had already taken out some poles and a building. I laughed the entire time!!

GoldenPorkchop80
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by GoldenPorkchop80 »

Forgetting to brake before exiting my tank. R.I.P solar farm.
Contact me:
telnet.Telehack.com (My username is gpc80)
Steam
Twitch.tv
Reddit
Email:redrouster2000@gmail.com (Mods, Admins, and Game Devs ONLY! Anyone else will be blocked on my email, and on this forum)
Hamachi VPN: Please send me a PM for network info.
Forums: Send me a PM

Regzzz
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Regzzz »

Can't count the amount of times I was ran over by a passing speeding train while working on items near tracks... Should always look both sides before crossing! Hehehe :lol:

ShizukaMiyuki
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by ShizukaMiyuki »

Today I spent 5hours fixing my Rail System, they kept colliding after a certain amount of time, then they keep going on the same god damn track, even getting stuck...
I eventually fixed my spaghetti Rail System... I really need to spend some time to fix it up and make it look clean.
Meow, Meow, Meooooow....

Smarty
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Smarty »

use a deconstruction planner instead of a blueprint

It happens everytime i play factorio :oops:

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mooklepticon »

zytukin wrote:Minor annoyances associated with factory building
-Somehow ending up with an odd number of underground pipes/conveyors (my OCD hates this, lol)
Why do I end up with 1 iron stick all the time?!

mooklepticon
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by mooklepticon »

zytukin wrote:I think it does.

I had all my steam engines shut down yesterday. Ran all over trying to figure out why solid fuel wasn't getting to the boilers.
Plenty of water. Pumpjacks had good sources. Chem labs weren't running. Storage tanks were empty. Refineries were full of light oil. wtf.

turned out one piece of pipe was missing between the Refineries and the light oil storage tanks.
I either removed it by mistake or hit it with my tank while driving by and didn't notice.
I have this situation happen all the time. "Why is this line empty? There are no copper plates on the bus!!!" Somewhere, I rotated a piece of track up the line and the whole thing is just sitting there.

zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zytukin »

Kinda nitpicky since I need everything to be set up perfectly, but
Building large fields of something (solar panels, accumulators, chest storage, etc) only to find it off by 1 tile.
Then needing to destroy everything to move it over.

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Post by Koub »

zytukin wrote:Kinda nitpicky since I need everything to be set up perfectly, but
Building large fields of something (solar panels, accumulators, chest storage, etc) only to find it off by 1 tile.
Worst is with storage chests imho : with blueprints and robots, you can easily move stuff, but if you have like 50 non-empty chests to move, you're doomed :mrgreen:
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zytukin »

Koub wrote:
zytukin wrote:Kinda nitpicky since I need everything to be set up perfectly, but
Worst is with storage chests imho : with blueprints and robots, you can easily move stuff, but if you have like 50 non-empty chests to move, you're doomed :mrgreen:

Been there, done that, several times already. lol
About to do that yet again. My ore storage can't keep up with my demands (in and out) so I'm going to build a new ~250 chest storage for copper and iron ores. Going to have to empty the old ones as well, so will be running a temp line from the old to the new to move the ores over. Plus I will be designing it to be expandable south in case it needs to be even bigger.

Tubbles
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Tubbles »

zytukin wrote:
Koub wrote:

About to do that yet again. My ore storage can't keep up with my demands (in and out) so I'm going to build a new ~250 chest storage for copper and iron ores. Going to have to empty the old ones as well, so will be running a temp line from the old to the new to move the ores over. Plus I will be designing it to be expandable south in case it needs to be even bigger.
Why dont you just build more storage chests, and replace the old ones with active provider chests? They will get emptied very fast =)

zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zytukin »

Tubbles wrote:
zytukin wrote:
Koub wrote:

Why dont you just build more storage chests, and replace the old ones with active provider chests? They will get emptied very fast =)

Honestly, the only bots and roboports I have are mostly just for removal of trees/structures and as of today, a few blueprints.
Have a few roboports and bots for repairing the walls and in my rail yard though.

I prefer seeing things on conveyors. Honestly I could just sit for an hour watching things flowing around.
But, that could be because I've spent most of the past 15 years working in factories and shipping warehouses :P

Lallante
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Lallante »

A remote outpost running out of repair packs.

zytukin
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by zytukin »

I lost my tank. lol
I know it's somewhere, but no clue where.
It's not anywhere near the rail line that I've been working on.

Return to “General discussion”