Go home Factorio, you're drunk

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
ShiftFire
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Go home Factorio, you're drunk

Post by ShiftFire »

This was hilarious. MEGA BASE Coming your way
Attachments
factorio_wtf1.jpg
factorio_wtf1.jpg (121.28 KiB) Viewed 5957 times
Island Map
Island Map
factorio_wtf.jpg (108.71 KiB) Viewed 5957 times

pib
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Go home Factorio, you're drunk

Post by pib »

You will need a mod to get alien artifacts!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

Can you post the map seed please?

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kewlhotrod »

orzelek wrote:Can you post the map seed please?
just keep regenerating the map until you hit gold :D

SirLANsalot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SirLANsalot »

>>>AAAMABoAAAABAwYAAAAEAAAAY29hbAMFAQoAAABjb3BwZXItb3Jl
AwUBCQAAAGNydWRlLW9pbAMDAQoAAABlbmVteS1iYXNlAQEBCAAAAGl
yb24tb3JlAwUBBQAAAHN0b25lAwUBL9AhGEUwAAASNAAAAAAAAAAAAA
ADALWLikY=<<<

That is the key, I actually got the same map and was well developed when I went exploring, found out I was on an island with no enemies. GG Factorio, GG

Arch666Angel
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Arch666Angel »

Atlantis, here we come!

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

That seed is a real bug around the island bug reports.
After this initial area there is no other land closer than 2.500 tiles. It's really an island and noothing for long time. I think that even with landfill mod it might not be possible to play this one - might run out of stone before reaching any other land :D

SirLANsalot
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SirLANsalot »

This just really hammers home the need to be able to make bridges in vanilla. The Roadworks mod is nice, but you cant place belts or tracks on them, and landfill is cool because you can, but its not a bridge. 5Dim has some neat tracks that are able to be placed on water, and even electric trains (with matching water tracks too).

However it all boils down to the fact that is is a bug in the map generation system when certain settings are set right. Either you get MASS water, or just no water outside of the starting area when terrain seg is set to very low. I like having my maps be all one type of terrain, like forest, or all desert, and setting terrain seg to very low is the only way to get it to do that. However it causes that water bug to happen, and either you get zip for water or so much its just an island.

Kewlhotrod
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Kewlhotrod »

SirLANsalot wrote:This just really hammers home the need to be able to make bridges in vanilla. The Roadworks mod is nice, but you cant place belts or tracks on them, and landfill is cool because you can, but its not a bridge. 5Dim has some neat tracks that are able to be placed on water, and even electric trains (with matching water tracks too).

However it all boils down to the fact that is is a bug in the map generation system when certain settings are set right. Either you get MASS water, or just no water outside of the starting area when terrain seg is set to very low. I like having my maps be all one type of terrain, like forest, or all desert, and setting terrain seg to very low is the only way to get it to do that. However it causes that water bug to happen, and either you get zip for water or so much its just an island.
it's not a bug, its just how the world gen works

https://wiki.factorio.com/index.php?tit ... _generator

orzelek
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by orzelek »

I do realize how world gen works.
Looking at those maps you can easily see that there is a special case for starting area that works differently because you get small separate island on a big sea. And island itself looks different then terrain you can find very far out.

It should be possible to move starting area to island that matches world gen rules not create a new island. Might be tricky to implement due to way that game generates terrain on demand.

Overene
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Overene »

I also got a few nice island seeds recently. One is a medium sized desert island with somewhat sparse trees, good amounts of coal and copper, but not much iron. Another one was somewhat small but just big enough to build a good base, and with a mod for crossing over water, there's some land next to the island to also explore. It has was also resource rich and had a cool shape. Both islands for me were alien-free.

If anyone is interested, i can post the exchange string to get those two islands. They are kind of useless without mods but with the right mods, I have been having a lot of fun with them.

Return to “General discussion”