Steam Workshop For Mods?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
PocketMedic
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Steam Workshop For Mods?

Post by PocketMedic »

Hey!

As everyone is aware, Factorio has an incredible modding community. With the release on steam happening this week, I am curious to find out of Steam Workshop support will be added? Being able to click a button a steam would be a lot easier than managing a mod folder.

Ta!

DaemosDaen
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Re: Steam Workshop For Mods?

Post by DaemosDaen »

I also am wondering this question.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

They said Workshop integration is planned for 0.13

SWSe
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by SWSe »

Probably not Steam Workshop though, but an independent system that does the same job, so those using the Factorio website (or later GOG) can also use it. At least I'm pretty sure they said this was their plan at some point. They'll probably talk about what their current plans are in future Friday Fatcts.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by sillyfly »

Pretty sure they said Steam Workshop integration, but it stands to reason that there will also be a non-steam solution for mods etc.

Celador
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Celador »

They clarified on Steam forums that they are going for both in game and steam workshop mod support. So you could easily download and install mods both ways.

kovarex
Factorio Staff
Factorio Staff

Post by kovarex »

From what I know, we are "only" planning the factoriomods.com integration, so the mods are all in one places for both steam and non steam users.

Supercheese
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Supercheese »

kovarex wrote:From what I know, we are "only" planning the factoriomods.com integration, so the mods are all in one places for both steam and non steam users.
That seems like a good plan. :)

Kane
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Kane »

Yeah workshop has also a lot of limitations and issues. With it being under this control if done right it would be better. A lot of people will not move to steam and vise versa. I just hope they consider doing something that allows the clients to auto download / launch their game to certain servers. I'm tired of having to rehost other peoples work. Not that most of the dev mods care for a small group of people but I hate making a change and chase each person down and tell them about the changes.

Return to “General discussion”