Question about logistic network

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
fragmeplase
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Question about logistic network

Post by fragmeplase »

Hello guys,

So the fact is that I first setup a bunch of storage chest and linked them all to my network. As the factory went bigger in logistic I tried to move north to gain some space and so I built some more storage chest there for limited robots movements. Fact is, when I unloaded a bunch of electronic circuit in them it didn't enter into the electronic circuit count in the elogistic storage, wereas the chest was linked to a pole with all the right informations except for the electronic circuits. I then went to the original electronic circuit chest and figured out the logistic system only accounted for this chest. I swapped the eletronic circuits in other original storage chests and no one recognized them. I tried removing the original chest and the production went crazy non stop. Might be a bug related to swapping between mods maybe ? dunno.

TLDR : It seems storage chests are linked to an item and you can't change the location of the storage chest containing this item.

Any input if this is true or does it come from my game for swapping mods ?

Thanks guys

PS : if you want a save file just tell me I'll upload one.

Dysoch
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Question about logistic network

Post by Dysoch »

fragmeplase wrote:Hello guys,

So the fact is that I first setup a bunch of storage chest and linked them all to my network. As the factory went bigger in logistic I tried to move north to gain some space and so I built some more storage chest there for limited robots movements. Fact is, when I unloaded a bunch of electronic circuit in them it didn't enter into the electronic circuit count in the elogistic storage, wereas the chest was linked to a pole with all the right informations except for the electronic circuits. I then went to the original electronic circuit chest and figured out the logistic system only accounted for this chest. I swapped the eletronic circuits in other original storage chests and no one recognized them. I tried removing the original chest and the production went crazy non stop. Might be a bug related to swapping between mods maybe ? dunno.

TLDR : It seems storage chests are linked to an item and you can't change the location of the storage chest containing this item.

Any input if this is true or does it come from my game for swapping mods ?

Thanks guys

PS : if you want a save file just tell me I'll upload one.
screenshot could help, and maybe even save. but from what i can tell, you probably updated to factorio 0.8.8 and it didnt reset the wire network (from what i just read here, its the wire network, in combination with the logistics storage chests)

is your newly created storage chests in the radius of a roboport? if not, they will never show up in the count.
Creator of:
- DyTech
- DyWorld
- DyWorld-Dynamics
- DyWorld-Dynamics 2
Active since Factorio 0.6

fragmeplase
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Re: Question about logistic network

Post by fragmeplase »

Ooops sorry forgot to notice this here. I fixed it There was just too many robots and I thought my pole was wired but it was not. My bad ^^

Return to “General discussion”