Sharing/ MP

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
patfly
Inserter
Inserter

Sharing/ MP

Post by patfly »

Is it possible to share a current game or map? Is multiple players simultaneously on one map possible?

Koub
Global Moderator
Global Moderator

Re: Sharing/ MP

Post by Koub »

You can share a map via the map exchange string.
And the multiplayer feature is indeed several players on the same map.
Koub - Please consider English is not my native language.

DanGio
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by DanGio »

Hello ! Multiplayer is still considered unfinished by the developpers, but it works pretty well from what I've seen. I also played 2-3 hours in LAN without issue. Moreover, in the future 0.13 release :
Multiplayer production polish (move from "usable if you try hard and overlook imperfections" to "just works")
(Roadmap for 0.13)
If you want to test it, go to Multiplayer subforum.

Sharing : I'm not sure if that's what you want to do, but you can locate the saves folder in the Factorio install folder : there's a "Saves" shortcut, which redirect to your AppData folder. Just pick one of the zip archive you want to share.

Peter34
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by Peter34 »

Coop MP worked very well even in 11.22, over Internet using Evolve. Although all 3 players were in the same fairly small country.

patfly
Inserter
Inserter

Post by patfly »

Thanks for the replies. I have a good base set up- anything you need I got, or can make- I was just looking for someone to expand the horizons, as it were. I saw the map string item but I'm not sure how it works, or MP for that matter... Do we just swap map updates?

Biglulu
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Biglulu »

In the Play tab, you can select Multuplayer near the bottom. If you load or create a new map, you can host your own server. If you choose connect, you can connect to another server via IP address. The host needs to port forward. More info here: https://forums.factorio.com/wiki/inde ... ultiplayer

Return to “General discussion”