the NASA factory (speedrun challenge)

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Nagby3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

the NASA factory (speedrun challenge)

Post by Nagby3 »

Hi, I challenge you to "finish" the game as fast as possible (as it is in it's actual state : launch a rocket from a silo)
+ there is 2 extra speedruns, one for the time to get the whole factory backed up, and another one for the time between 2 rockets

gameplay rules :
- start from an edited map
you can do as you want with the land, ressources and entities
but 0 items
you can't just put 1000 of the 3 ingredients for the rocket on the ground
(thought, you can put speed modules in your buildings from the map editor, it doesn't really count as items)
- use lua console cheat to have all researches done

Code: Select all

/c for n,t in pairs(game.player.force.technologies) do t.researched=t.enabled end
but no other commands
- no mods (at least none that could reduce your time, things to help you be more efficient on the map editor isn't cheating)

timer rules :
- main speedrun : start at game start, end when the rocket get launched (when you clic on the button and after that the rocket goes)
- tight flow speedrun : start at game start, end when a rocket is ready to be launched AND the factory doesn't produce anything (all storage full)
- rocket automation speedrun : start when the first rocket get launched, end when a second one is launched

the minimum time for those 3 is simply the time a rocket silo take to make a rocket when it has all the ingredients it need + have 4 speed modules 3
and that is : (3sec per % X 100%)/(1+4*0,5) = 300sec /3 = 100sec > 1min40
so any time under that is most probably cheating :p

to note :
you can do most of the work in the map editor, but you can't set reciepes for things that can't be done from the game start
so i think for everyone the game start will be to enter the command to have all researches and then run to set all the factory up

don't bother with aliens since no alien orb is needed

put as much powerplant as you want, it won't affect your time to have too many

you could go with a giant factory producing tons of thing to be sure to feed the rocket silo (but that won't give a good thight flow time)
or with a perfectly calculated throughput factory that would have very little storage (but might take some time to set up from the game start)

from some calculations, i found that to be able to have the ingredients for 1% every seconds (silo with 4 speed modules 3 take 1sec/%)
you need to extract :
~900 iron ore per sec
~1500 copper ore per sec
~250 coal ore per sec
no stone and the rest depends on your oil management

i will try some things for this speedrun myself when i have the time (for now i got first rocket after ~1h30 which is really bad...)

Nagby3
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: the NASA factory (speedrun challenge)

Post by Nagby3 »

i did a spreadsheet to see exactly how much of each thing you would need to fully dispense 1 rocket defense with 4 speed module 3
and it is quite scary
https://docs.google.com/spreadsheets/d/ ... output=pdf

summarized, you would need :

2 760 975 iron ore extracted per second
5 089 219 copper ore extracted per second
758 250 coal extracted per second

91 125 water per second
2 74 750 petroleum gas per second
13 500 light oil per second
90 000 heavy oil per second (which would provide half of the light oil through cracking)

didn't counted the number of drills needed but you could do the math pretty quickly from the ores needs
2 001 924 electric furnaces with 2 speed module 3 each (didn't bothered with beacons)
406 238 chemical plants with 2 speed module 3 each
842 670 assembling machine with 4 speed module 3 each

so...
is there a way to do blueprints on map editor?
and blueprint with modules and recipe
is there a mod for that?

Return to “General discussion”