Buying the (best thing yet besides Minecraft) game.

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Summey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Buying the (best thing yet besides Minecraft) game.

Post by Summey »

OK, so I recently discovered Factorio about 3 days ago at 3 am when my friend and I were deep into gaming. Long story short, after he left that morning, he had said that I should really consider buying Factorio, as I like theses, survival, action packed games. So I decided to check it out. When I clicked on "Buy Alpha", I was presented with three options. Regular, buy the alpha along with all other releases free; Furnace Attendant, and Mining Drill Operator. Obviously, the Mining Drill Operator sounds best. But which one should I get? I would be looking for the game and Furnace Attendant. THanks!
I've got too much time on my hands.

sillyfly
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Re: Buying the (best thing yet besides Minecraft) game.

Post by sillyfly »

If you are short on money and just want to play the game - get the regular version.
If you can afford it and want to support the developers - buy one of the higher tiers. Currently the campaign is pretty minimalistic, but the devs plan on expanding it later in the development.
Also, note that you can always upgrade your account, so you can start with the lowest tier, and later decide if you want to give the developers a little extra :D
Last edited by sillyfly on Mon Sep 28, 2015 3:06 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Summey
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Summey »

Thank you! I will probably decide on supporting the devs. as much as I can, running a little short now, thanks!
I've got too much time on my hands.

AmpsterMan
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by AmpsterMan »

My friend described this game as 2d Minecraft with all the industrial mods. That's what sold me on it :p

ThaPear
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by ThaPear »

Summey wrote:Thank you! I will probably decide on supporting the devs. as much as I can, running a little short now, thanks!
Note that you can always upgrade your version later. You can buy the basic version now and buy an upgrade to the next version next month. You'll end up paying the same amount, just spread out.

Return to “General discussion”