How will my laptop fare late-game?

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
towerbooks3192
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

How will my laptop fare late-game?

Post by towerbooks3192 »

I have a main PC and Windows laptop but I want to play the game on my mac since it is small and portable. Here are the specs

Processor: 1.4GHZ intel core i5
Memory: 4 gig 1600 MHz DDR3
Graphics: Intel HD5000 1536MB

I have been running the game just fine to the point of getting materials to produce blue science packs. Not sure and I am worried about its performance sometime around late game. Anyone can give me an insight on how things might go late game or if I will download something like let's say bob's mod (seems like a popular mod).

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: How will my laptop fare late-game?

Post by Gandalf »

Your specs look decent enough, so there should be nothing to be concerned about. If the game runs fine now there shouldn't be much of a difference later. The recent optimizations have been particularly good for large factories.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

towerbooks3192
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by towerbooks3192 »

Gandalf wrote:Your specs look decent enough, so there should be nothing to be concerned about. If the game runs fine now there shouldn't be much of a difference later. The recent optimizations have been particularly good for large factories.
That sounds promising. Game runs smoothly and I have no problems with it whatsoever but that is my main concern after seeing videos of very huge factories going on and was a bit worried that I wouldn't be able to make huge ones.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by ratchetfreak »

there is a rocket defence/minute map floating around on the boards. https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... =8&t=13269

For modern PCs 24 ups/fps on that map is good.

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

If you plan to be build one of those ungodly huge factories, you might run into some performance issues with only 4gb ram. But, anything else should be totally fine, especially after the major optimizations they did in 0.12 :D
Image Image Image

KingKebab
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by KingKebab »

I have the exact same specs as you. Mac Book Air
i launched my first rocket recently and have not encountered any lag issues.
It always scares me when my laptop goes into low power mode and then the frame rate drops. But by then if i don't find a charger it won't be working much longer anyway xD.

Weldon Presley
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by Weldon Presley »

In the past I've ne'er truly contend it on my portable computer as that factor was fully incapable. I continuously contend it at a friend's, and also the comp I used was a correct designed desktop with a decent graphics card and everything. may well play Civ V maxed out.Computer is currently discovered, and it's Intel HD Graphics 4400. Says total on the market graphics memory is 1824 MB.

Return to “General discussion”