Concrete range

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
DRBLN
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Concrete range

Post by DRBLN »

How to increase concrete range while building?
I have to build a lot of concrete tiles.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Concrete range

Post by ratchetfreak »

personal roboport and shift click it down

Krayt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Krayt »

DRBLN wrote:How to increase concrete range while building?
I have to build a lot of concrete tiles.
Do you rather mean the size of the concrete brush. I think this done using the "plus" and "minus" buttons.

mrhenryford
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mrhenryford »

Krayt wrote:Do you rather mean the size of the concrete brush. I think this done using the "plus" and "minus" buttons.
Had to register an account just to say TIL. I can't believe I never noticed this in the controls settings, this will definitely come in handy! :)

Krayt
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by Krayt »

mrhenryford wrote: [...]
Had to register an account just to say TIL. I can't believe I never noticed this in the controls settings, this will definitely come in handy! :)
I only got to know about when I started watching a Let's Play by Arumba on Youtube today after having read the original question. What a coincidence!

mrhenryford
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Post by mrhenryford »

Yeah, or perhaps this thread is about to get filled up with players expressing their astonishment. :D

SuperObeseNinja
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SuperObeseNinja »

mrhenryford wrote:Yeah, or perhaps this thread is about to get filled up with players expressing their astonishment. :D

WUHHHH?!?! you can do this?!?!? ive been placing 1 by 1 :O

(not rly though just wanted to make your post true)

Gus_Smedstad
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Gus_Smedstad »

I had no idea. Though I'm still easing into the idea of using concrete extensively for anything other than building the rocket bunker. Puffing it up from the default 2x2 to 5x5 makes that go a lot faster.

I even went and grabbed the colored items mod for the colored concrete - but I'm short of ideas of how to use that creatively. So far all I've done is do an asphalt road (black + white center line) for my primary car entrance, which has been helpful for guiding through the gate at high speed without hitting a wall, and put a few hazard marks around train crossings for amusement's sake. I feel like I should be identifying areas with it or something.

Mendel
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Mendel »

hmm colored concrete could be used for pixel art. Who´s the first to draw Mario in concrete pixel blocks? :)

Anyways. I would want to see much more uses for concrete. Higher tech buildings like t3 manufacturing plant and roboports should need concrete. Maybe even the biggest power poles.

Return to “General discussion”