Questions about the game

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
towerbooks3192
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Questions about the game

Post by towerbooks3192 »

I happen to stumble upon the game and the game seems interesting. Downloaded the demo and it is really addictive. I am planning to get the game but I have a few questions:

If I will get the lowest tier now (only one I may be able to afford as of the moment), Will I be able to upgrade to the next tier in case I want to?

What is the objective of the game? I seem to be a bit confused by it but if the game is just about starting from manual labour to automation and building more efficient machines with no end then I must say I am loving the game and I feel sad that I haven't heard about this kind of game before.

Lastly, will the prices for the tiers be the same even in the event of a steam release and will the DRM free version from the site be available?

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: Questions about the game

Post by jeroon »

towerbooks3192 wrote:If I will get the lowest tier now (only one I may be able to afford as of the moment), Will I be able to upgrade to the next tier in case I want to?
Yes you can, you will get an upgrade code.
What is the objective of the game? I seem to be a bit confused by it but if the game is just about starting from manual labour to automation and building more efficient machines with no end then I must say I am loving the game and I feel sad that I haven't heard about this kind of game before.
At the moment, you can do two things: try to launch a rocket with a satellite, which requires you to automate, mine and research a lot, and will probably take around 40+ hours on your first try, or you can just 'freeplay', and do whatever you want (like building 40 rockets, and spending 200 hours on a single game. Either way, it's time to say your social life and work good bye ;) Oh, and there's also some missions to start out with :D At the moment the devs are working on the endgame part, so the part after the rocket launch.
Lastly, will the prices for the tiers be the same even in the event of a steam release and will the DRM free version from the site be available?
There is some info about this here.

towerbooks3192
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by towerbooks3192 »

Cheers.

Can't help it, I can't stop myself. I got the game. There is something so pure about the game. It feeds that inner desire to start from nothing to building something so huge. It is just addictive and risky since I am on my last semester of Uni. I might get the higher tiers soon. I love the game.

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

towerbooks3192 wrote: since I am on my last semester of Uni.
Don't come and complain I didn't warn you.. :roll:

towerbooks3192
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by towerbooks3192 »

jeroon wrote:
towerbooks3192 wrote: since I am on my last semester of Uni.
Don't come and complain I didn't warn you.. :roll:
I was searching for rimworld alpha then it popped up as a similar game so I clicked the link and it brought me here then I downloaded the demo. At first I thought what is the point of all those conveyors and machines then it is really different when you start with your bare hands then run around chucking stuff in machines then it gets more complex. Watching it may be boring but doing it and being there, it doesn't make any sense but something in me drives me to just play it and build and mine and build and run around and make the machine more efficient and whatnot.

Boogieman14
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Boogieman14 »

towerbooks3192 wrote: it doesn't make any sense but something in me drives me to just play it and build and mine and build and run around and make the machine more efficient and whatnot.
...and then it's 2 am, while you need to get up again at 6...
I don't have OCD, I have CDO. It's the same, but with the letters in the correct order.

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

Boogieman14 wrote:...and then it's 2 am, while you need to get up again at 6...
And then it's 10 am, while you should have started at 7..

Xterminator
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Xterminator »

Glad you got it, just don't fail uni your last year because of it. :D
But yes it is amazing and extremely addictive. Factorio is one of the best pass times o have found so far. An hour or multiple hours fly by without you even noticing. Haha

If you have questions about the game, don't hesitate to ask in the gameplay help section. Very awesome and friendly community here. :)
Image Image Image

towerbooks3192
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by towerbooks3192 »

Xterminator wrote:Glad you got it, just don't fail uni your last year because of it. :D
But yes it is amazing and extremely addictive. Factorio is one of the best pass times o have found so far. An hour or multiple hours fly by without you even noticing. Haha

If you have questions about the game, don't hesitate to ask in the gameplay help section. Very awesome and friendly community here. :)
Cheers!

I don't know what the devs have made. Like on paper it sounds pretty meh but once you get your hands on the demo or the actual game....it is a whole different story. Heck I did my quizzes and preparations way ahead of time then finished the tutorial. I am so gonna play the heck out of this. I am so gonna finish my assessments way before hand to sink my time in to this game as I wait for the other early access/alpha games I got.

Return to “General discussion”