The Fighting Aspect

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
SkySo1dier
Inserter
Inserter

The Fighting Aspect

Post by SkySo1dier »

Guys, this might have been discussed at length.

I just wanted the developers to comment about what meaningful tools they could give us to serve as arguments when it comes to asking our biter friends to scoot over.

Currently the task of cleaning up 10 nests with 10 spawns each is a rather time consuming endeavor involving a lot of "rinse and repeat". This is as fun as mining a 50k copper field manually. And given the biters are both infinite and growing the problem only becomes exponentially more repetitive.

Thus I wanted to request a tactical nuke and then a nuke so we could deal with large areas. I.e. a tactical would wipe out 10 nests, while a nuke would pretty much take care of a screen-sized area using a medium zoom ^___^

I kinda hope you can see where I am coming from.

Tysheth
Manual Inserter
Manual Inserter

Re: The Fighting Aspect

Post by Tysheth »

I don't mean to belittle your experience/request, only to offer a suggestion in the hope that it might be an adequate interim solution.
There's a mod (https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 91&t=12447) which adds artillery emplacements, the largest of which has an explosion radius of 30 tiles, cooldown of 20 seconds, and damage of 350. There may be other mods which add more interested methods of offense.

cpy
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by cpy »

Walking combat mech robots! Bringing democracy to your oil reserves biter by biter. If they can send units to attack you, why shouldn't you send attack waves too?

aka13
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by aka13 »

That would be interesting. Just assemble units which use the same pathfinding biters do to reverse-attack them.
Pony/Furfag avatar? Opinion discarded.

lancar
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by lancar »

cpy wrote:Walking combat mech robots! Bringing democracy to your oil reserves biter by biter. If they can send units to attack you, why shouldn't you send attack waves too?
That line of thinking ties in a bit to the RTS direction, previously proposed by the devs.

It's a nice idea, and it ties production neatly into a mechanic to attack the enemy. The main problem is still that Turret Creep is much too efficient than anything else we, or anyone, can come up with.

Until that issue is solved, there can be no good combat in Factorio.

OBAMA MCLAMA
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by OBAMA MCLAMA »

For as annoying and boring it is to go out an kill biters just so that you can expand to that outppost....... the presence of the biters needs to be there.
If they are too easy then whats the point in having them in the game. (Aka nuke)
The behemoth biters definitely made it more annoying. But they just showed us just how easy the game was before...... it was insanely easy.

But still 50 so destroyer capsukes and a few distractors and you can cake walk bases that dont have too much apitters/worms.
When i stream twitch i always answer questions and try to help, come visit me.

bobucles
Smart Inserter
Smart Inserter

Post by bobucles »

Any sort of long range deterrence should definitely cost a pretty pile of resources. So if it's something like an artillery cannon, it would consume expensive high explosive shells to directly attack nests.

It is pretty annoying that every square inch of wilderness can be covered in enemies. It carries the expectation that the player has to mow down every ounce of biter activity to get anywhere. It would be nice to have a more diverse range of enemy nests (light medium or heavy) vs. open space for the player to travel.

Lee_newsum
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Lee_newsum »

Have a look at [0.12.*] Resource Spawner Overhaul/RSO https://forums.factorio.com/forum/vie ... 79&t=13783 you may like this.

SuperObeseNinja
Inserter
Inserter

Post by SuperObeseNinja »

Okay but guys.. even if you don't go full RTS style on it... could it be possible to program small mechs (no stronger then a simple turret) that walk around your logistics/construction area and just patrolled? this would intrest me i'm not sure about anyone else but i'd love to have a few mechs walking around my base
it'd make it easier to sleep at night XD

DOSorDIE
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by DOSorDIE »

Take the DyTech War MOD ... set difficult to insane and look how long you live ... when you think the game is to easy.

Return to “General discussion”