Twinsen wrote:The way I would like to do it is to have the inserter be able to also work in "filter mode", meaning that if you send copper plates and batteries in the circuit network, the inserter will only pick up iron plates and batteries. Basically a filter programmable by the circuit network.
This way you can also do "one condition for each slot", not directly in the inserter, but with a combinator setup.
Well I can work with that too. Sounds interesting. (by the way I'm going to assume you meant "pick up copper plates" there).
So to make sure I understand. You still have a condition. Something like if signal "A" > 0 then activate. But then you could set static filters (up to 5) or press a toggle switch or something and enter "dynamic filter mode" or something where what you are allowed to pick up correspond to any "item signal" you are receiving regardless of their value.
From there, you should use combinators to not only control if the inserter should operate at all to begin with, but also to control whether or not a specific item signal is or is not sent to the inserter.
(1) Constant combinator: signal "electronic circuit" set to 4 then output toward (2), (3) and (5)
(2) If signal "Iron plate" from smart chest is < than signal "electronic circuit" then output signal "Iron plate" (value 1) toward inserter
(3) signal "Electronic circuit" * 3 and output as signal "A" toward combinator (4) and (5)
(4) If signal "copper cable" from smart chest is < than signal "A" then output signal "copper cables" toward inserter
(5) Signal "Electronic circuit" + signal "A" and ouput as signal "B" toward combinator (7)
(6) Smart chest signal "iron plates" + smart chest signal "Copper cables" and output signal "C" toward combinator (7)
(7) If signal "C" = to signal "B" then output signal "D" (value 1) toward inserter
(inserter) If signal "D" = 0 then work
Side Note: I purposefully avoided reusing the same "letter signals" to avoid confusion.
Let's imagine a belt with iron plate and copper cables on it passing by a smart inserter that is standing in front of the smart chest. The little setup above would have the smart inserter place exactly 4 iron plates and exactly 12 copper cables in the smart chests. Setting the constant "electronic circuit" to 6 instead would have the inserter place 6 iron plates and 18 copper cables in the box.
If I got that right, then I can work with that. But it is not exactly compact thou. Use 6 combinators and the items are not even in the assembler yet (which would be nice to be able to connect to btw. read signal and enable or disable work. Would allow use to skip the extra smart chest step and follow up input procedure). Imagine doing that for 50 assemblers... But still, I can work with that.
While we are on the subject. There is something bugging me about the constant combinator. The values are always live... even when you are currently typing the number you want. Is there a way to freeze "live value" when you open the GUI and only update "live values once you close the GUI ? Or at the very least update after the cursor have left to text box ?
Also it would be nice if the slider could slide down to 0.