Dunno about you, but I reckon I'm going to have oil problems

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
sgt_cookie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Dunno about you, but I reckon I'm going to have oil problems

Post by sgt_cookie »

Like "how am I gonna store it all".

But seriously, though. On normal settings, that is a looooot of oil. Not much copper, though, but I've been managing so far.

Zhab
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Re: Dunno about you, but I reckon I'm going to have oil problems

Post by Zhab »

Use barrels ! A single steel chest full of barrels is equal to 4.8 storage tanks but is 9 times smaller. You could use a setup like the following.
Oil Buffer_S.jpg
Oil Buffer_S.jpg (272.9 KiB) Viewed 11128 times
Can take a bit more than 60 oil per second and output the same. Should be more than enough even for your map.

It can output about 60 oil per second which is enough to feed 30 oil refineries. Which should be enough to feed just about any type of factory I imagine.

It will only create new barrels if and when they are needed. Otherwise it will recycle the same barrels.

Left chests are for empty barrels and right chests are for filled barrels. 20 chests offer a storage equivalent to 96 storage tanks (+4 actual tanks for 100). But it is infinitely expandable upward and sideways should that not be enough. For example, expending just 1 chests line upward and sideways would increase the storage to a total of 144 storage tanks (+4 actual tanks for 148).

If that isn't enough storage for you, then I don't know what is.

PS: I know the smart chest for empty barrels on the left doesn't look connected, but I assure you that it is.
Last edited by Zhab on Wed Jul 29, 2015 1:45 am, edited 1 time in total.

666JTK666
Long Handed Inserter
Long Handed Inserter

Post by 666JTK666 »

I cant see the image, would you double check that it is visible , I really want to see this setup you have described.

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Can't see both images :s
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

Zhab
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zhab »

666JTK666 wrote:I cant see the image, would you double check that it is visible , I really want to see this setup you have described.
I'm going to assume that you are talking about the opening post. For some strange reason he put the image in a text spoiler block. Just click the gray bar near the bottom of his post.
Ojelle wrote:Can't see both images :s
Can't you see my image ? Display just fine for me. Here is the url http://s7.postimg.org/bmuv1l5ex/Oil_Buffer_S.png

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Now I indeed can see his, and thanks for yours. Couldnt see it either :)
Choumiko wrote:
sillyfly wrote:kovarex just posted the thread... but with #118 in the title. I think they had too much beer :D
It's a wonder how good the game is, if you consider how bad they are with the FFF numbers :mrgreen:

Zhab
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zhab »

Ojelle wrote:Now I indeed can see his, and thanks for yours. Couldnt see it either :)
Do you mean to say that my image somehow do not display for you and you have to use the link to actually see it ?

Ojelle
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Ojelle »

Jip
Now i'm going to sleep. Ill answer tomorow if you ask anything again :)
Choumiko wrote:

sgt_cookie
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by sgt_cookie »

If you can't see my image, I put it in a spoiler. Click the bar in my post.

Return to “General discussion”