End Belts

Post all other topics which do not belong to any other category.
Scalinger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

End Belts

Post by Scalinger »

I thought the new change of having to add an extra belt to the end of every beltway wouldn't be much of a deal, until I started using my setup. I have my machine that makes belts. I made two inserters take belts out of it and a third inserter put cogs into it. Before this wasn't a problem because the cogs would be dumped in front of it to be picked up but now when I put a belt there it connects with the output belts and ends up mixing together my belts with my cogs. I would show a picture but imgur is acting up.

It makes factories more difficult to miniaturize but I'm not sure if this change was for optimization or whatnot.

ratchetfreak
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Re: End Belts

Post by ratchetfreak »

You can often turn the new belt into the inserter to avoid it fouling up other belts

Scalinger
Burner Inserter
Burner Inserter

Post by Scalinger »

Oh, that worked. Thanks for the solution!

jeroon
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by jeroon »

What I've been doing is putting a single belt-to-ground at the end, inserters will still take from it and place in it, but turning the belt is much simpler :)

Enigmatica
Inserter
Inserter

Post by Enigmatica »

jeroon wrote:What I've been doing is putting a single belt-to-ground at the end, inserters will still take from it and place in it, but turning the belt is much simpler :)
This is what I've done too. It works well when you have very compact solutions and you don't want your belts mixing.

Zhab
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zhab »

jeroon wrote:What I've been doing is putting a single belt-to-ground at the end, inserters will still take from it and place in it, but turning the belt is much simpler :)
Well with a complex multi-belts setup, turning the belt is not always an option. This is a good alternative for those rare instances.

The Phoenixian
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by The Phoenixian »

Zhab wrote:
Well with a complex multi-belts setup, turning the belt is not always an option. This is a good alternative for those rare instances.
It is also pretty.

The greatest gulf that we must leap is the gulf between each other's assumptions and conceptions. To argue fairly, we must reach consensus on the meanings and values of basic principles. -Thereisnosaurus

Gandalf
Filter Inserter
Filter Inserter

Post by Gandalf »

Zhab wrote:Well with a complex multi-belts setup, turning the belt is not always an option.
I can only think of a single situation in which turning the belt into the inserter would not work, and that is if you are using a single inserter to pick up more than three different item types from two belts coming in from opposite directions. In which case you could still solve the issue by just adding another inserter.
Other than that there's really no issue unless you were putting stuff like electric poles in the spots where the belts need to be now.
OS: Linux Mint 19 x64 | desktop: Awesome 4.2  |  Intel Core i5 8600k  |  16GB DDR4  |  NVidia GTX 1050 Ti (driver version: 410.104)    (2019-03)

Zhab
Fast Inserter
Fast Inserter

Post by Zhab »

Well I can think of more situations where this is the only option. But it is bothersome to explain and I'm lazy right now. As long as people know that there is an alternative to turning belts then that is enough for me. Even if they currently think I'm crazy right now.

Return to “General discussion”